Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help.

Arse Gravy

War Hero
I’ve worked in the hostile security business for years and believe me no one will touch you with a whiff of PTSD or a looming legal case on your hands.

Morning all,
Although I am pretty certain that I am going to be trolled into oblivion here I just wanted to try. As honestly lads, I’ve nothing else to lose.

I’m an ex PWRR RCMT (telic & Herrick) Been out since 2013. Serving as an EMT with local trust now. But despite my best efforts there was only so many days I could go sick without Occy health getting involved. Long story short I was diagnosed with Depression (PTSD queried but I won’t engage with any PTSD treatment plans) That’s not up for discussion.
Things went from bad to worse and I got myself into a spot of bother in work and I now have both a criminal & internal investigation running. Dismissal looks likely.

Lads, in all seriousness I need some advice in job hunting. Good agencies? Good private security companies, good private companies hiring. I don’t want to milk my past but I’ll do anything as I have a 2 month old little boy and I need work.

I’ve contacted RFEA, Tigers association and RBL. I know something won’t just drop into my lap and I need to graft for it but all I need is a little steer. I’m desperate and pretty fcking scared I’m going to be unemployed. I make 29k now which makes looking at 15k unskilled jobs hard.
If I’ve posted this in the wrong section I’m sorry and can a mod please move it.

I see a lot of people telling you to get your PTSD sorted, if only it was that easy. Go with what you feel is best for you, one day you might be in the right place to open up that big can of shít inside you or you might never open it.

It’s important to live with whatever you decide, you’ve got a reason to push on - you’re a dad. There are people who can help, but you’ve got to be a little pro active in pushing for it.

Ive just come back from a meeting with H4H, please call them for help to get you started on the right path. You’re not the first who has gone down the self destruct route and you won’t be the last, but there is a way back.

Don’t feel tied in the the medic side of things, there’s plenty more things you can do.

Stay in there, it won’t be easy, but it is worth it.

NuggetBks

Clanker
Hi all, I’ve read all the advice with a calmer mind and fresher eyes. The support is actually overwhelming and I cannot express just how appreciated it is.

Quick google and I found this, and I'm an ex-crab! ;-)

windswept398

Old-Salt
If an application asks for Employer Address and it’s the Army. What address do you put down? Surely not your last barracks?
[/QUOTE]

I put down my last barracks.

For what it's worth, I'm glad to hear you are moving along in the right direction. Keep at it.

Latest Threads