Need Help !!!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by sam sam, Nov 7, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

My age is 29 years. I have joined TA as an infantry soldier last month. I would like to become an officer in TA. I would like to know if it is possible for me to switch from current position to officer one after I complete my 9 weeks training. It will be really kind of you all if you can answer my questions.

What is the age limit to be an officer?

What is the qualification required to become an officer in TA? As i did some research it says that
    TA officers are in charge of a team of soldiers, using their skills to get the job done. You look after their welfare and deal with any problems. Many officers are graduates, but you don’t need to have a degree – your personal qualities are as important as your qualifications. Here you can find out how the application, selection and joining process works.

Though I will be taking final year B.A. degree exam next year, I don't have any formal school education. It is an open university which does not require any previous qualification to do a degree course. I have already completed two years successfully. As I am Commonwealth Citizen, I know several foreign languages very well.

Thanks !!!
  2. Have you had a chat with your own unit yet?

3. I haven't talked about it yet.

I want to make sure that I am fully eligible to become an officer before I talk to my unit.

Thanks !!!
  4. If you did a basic search on google as I have just done you will find links to TA officer information. Try British Army Website, age wise you might be ok.