Need Help With Choosing a Regiment

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by leebar, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

Just completed my barb and basic tests a few days ago, scored 64 on my barb tests and got level 2 on my basic numeracy and literacy. I'd really like to join the royal armored corps, however i'm 6ft1 and the recruiters said that the height restriction was 6ft2, although i'm still eligible to apply i just wondered if it would be too much of a risk of getting rejected at the end of the selection process due to my height? (I'd like to go into the armored regiments, not FR)

On to my main question: I realise that they're likely to ask me what regiment i would like to join at some point during my interviews, however i have no idea what regiment I'd like to join, or why it even matters. I know them all: 1st and 2nd royal tank regiment, king and queens royal hussars, the royal scots dragoons and the royal dragoons. However i have no idea what to tell them if they ask me what regiment i'd like to join and why. If anyone could shed some basic light on what differentiates the regiments and why it might affect someone's choice i'd be very grateful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.