• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Need help outing a 3 para walt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys need some help. Any ideas how I can check an alleged 3 para falklands vet's story?
Has no medals, no beret, no para reg tattoo which made me very suspicious. Claims to have been awarded MM in NI (not true no record in London Gazette).
The stories are endless with no proof. I believe he did serve at some time certainly has suitable tattoos, but not with 3 para. Claims to have been with A coy Mt. Longdon but can't give specific details. Also claims to have been posted to Derry early 80's but I didn't think para's went to Derry post Bloody Sunday?

Be really grateful for any assistance

3 Para were in Germany late 70s until about 1981 ish(.?)..at the time of the Falklands they were in Tidworth. Dont know if they they did a stint in Derry in the early 80s, but its easy to find out when and where a regiment was at any given time.

Apart from that, there will be people on here who would have come across him if he did serve.

Ask him the name of the barracks in Tidworth and ask him a few questions..such as battalion personalities..if you know the answer.

His medals would be the N Ireland medal, the South Atlantic Campaign medal and of course the MM.

If he hasnt got these, then where are they?...sounds like a walt to me.
The fact he cant give specific details about the Falklands could indicate hes telling a few porkies.

Thank you. No medals apart from Gulf 1. Cloth Para wings (you can get those anywhere). Porkie pies with extra pork i suspect. How can I check deployments?

Why not join the para site and give them your approximate location. Surely one of their chaps can join you for an ale outing, or is it an outing ale?.

px4llp said:
Ask him what platoon he passed out with.Should be a number.
Easy to out anyone that way.

Exacly...cant be any easier than that.Problem solved.

It would probably have been 4** something, if he served at the times given.

armies said:
3 Para were in Germany late 70s until about 1981 ish(.?)..at the time of the Falklands they were in Tidworth. Dont know if they they did a stint in Derry in the early 80s, but its easy to find out when and where a regiment was at any given time.

Apart from that, there will be people on here who would have come across him if he did serve.

Ask him the name of the barracks in Tidworth and ask him a few questions..such as battalion personalities..if you know the answer.

His medals would be the N Ireland medal, the South Atlantic Campaign medal and of course the MM.

If he hasnt got these, then where are they?...sounds like a walt to me.
The fact he cant give specific details about the Falklands could indicate hes telling a few porkies.

3 para did a op banner tour in belfast in 78 A coy I am 99% certain were at macrory pk

Ronnie8781 said:
britishairborne said:
If you had his name and passed it around im shure you would get a anser.
How about you stop walting with a name like that and not even in the Army!!
You have accused me of walting a few times i have not walted at all,if having the name britishairborne somehow offends you please let me know.

britishairborne said:
Ronnie8781 said:
britishairborne said:
You have accused me of walting a few times i have not walted at all,if having the name britishairborne somehow offends you please let me know.
First question, are you in the army?

Second question, if you have not done the course why have you got a username that would imply you have?

British airborne-with a name like that and that avatar you will naturally attract flak-especially if your none of the above.Thats life kidda!

Thank you all, really helpful.
He claims to have been airbourne, then pathfinder then ranger.MM is untrue but claims to have received this in NI. Apparently tried to join the Legion at some point (of course). A colleague of mine has checked P coy records and he doesn't exist there. I am sure he has served with a different regiment and may have had an attachment to 3 para. Very vague about his first jump tho and I'm damn sure that must be etched on your mind forever. Respect to you, I am too bloody scared to even try!
Why do people feel the need to disrespect the Regiment by lying, there is no honour in that! How sad that he has to pretend to be somthing he's not in order to impress. My apologies to all for this sorry excuse of a human being. Sadly I was taken in by the stories.

Ronnie8781 said:
britishairborne said:
Ronnie8781 said:
britishairborne said:

Second question, if you have not done the course why have you got a username that would imply you have?
No im not in the Army but hope to be.

I understand with the name Britishairborne you may think i am either a walt or a squaddie,i would not walt i prefer to join up to be honest.
Is there anyway in changing my name?

sb_maam said:
Thank you all, really helpful.
He claims to have been airbourne, then pathfinder then ranger. Supposed Guard of Honour at Princess Di's wedding. MM is untrue but claims to have received this in NI. Mentioned Specwar and ski team. Oh I forgot! sniper also! Apparently tried to join the Legion at some point (of course). A colleague of mine has checked P coy records and he doesn't exist there. Has the most appalling eyesight and when I asked how he passed P coy he told me he had 'special goggles' to wear over his glasses. I am damn sure he wuldn't have coped on Longdon with the vision of a wombat!
I am sure he has served with a different regiment and may have had an attachment to 3 para. Very vague about his first jump tho and I'm damn sure that must be etched on your mind forever. Respect to you, I am too bloody scared to even try!
Why do people feel the need to disrespect the Regiment by lying, there is no honour in that! How sad that he has to pretend to be somthing he's not in order to impress. My apologies to all for this sorry excuse of a human being. Sadly I was taken in by the stories.
Send grid reference of walting tw.at, over

Sounds like a bloke I know, his initials arn't CJ are they?

TL993249. No not CJ. CJD maybe, certainly qualifies for mad cow disease !

Quite an unpleasant character, be warned! Wish I had known would have saved me a lot of grief, now I know why he was so upset when I googled him!

britishairborne said:
Ronnie8781 said:
britishairborne said:
Ronnie8781 said:
britishairborne said:

No im not in the Army but hope to be.

I understand with the name Britishairborne you may think i am either a walt or a squaddie,i would not walt i prefer to join up to be honest.
Is there anyway in changing my name?
Don't think so, prob need a new account.

And it's understandable with a name like that why people would come to that conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
load_fin REME 6
P The Intelligence Cell 39
k13eod The NAAFI Bar 30