Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help for a storyboard for a short animation about the Aden Emergency

ugly

LE
I’m new to how this forum works, have mercy on me, I didn’t find the history column when I was making this thread... If you could move this to the history section that would be appreciated
You need to ask a mod for this forum

ugly

LE
Since you are a moderator, can you perhaps move this thread to the history section? Thanks in advance
Was my post not clear enough?

You need a forum moderator to do this, this isn’t one of my forums!

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Also perhaps worth reading the thread on The Last Post in its entirety. There was a lot of information and truth in there.

old_fat_and_hairy

LE
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Chelsea pensioners? There are some Aden vets on here who are still in the land of the living. Well, mostly.

I’m new to how this forum works, have mercy on me, I didn’t find the history column when I was making this thread... If you could move this to the history section that would be appreciated

Very new to how the forum works. :-D

What exactly is the nature of the project @VLTR? Is it a cut scene for a game, a school project or what? Who is your intended audience?

Last edited:

VLTR

Crow
Very new to how the forum works. :-D

What exactly is the nature of the project @VLTR? Is it a cut scene for a game, a school project or what? Who is your intended audience?
Oh god does that mean you guys don't serve mercy here? Oh yes I remember something that a friendly chap on youtube said about that.... but I digress.

The nature of this project is actually really simple, it's meant to show the audience(in this case my friends and some people out there) what being in a war really looks like minus all the soap and the Hollywood drama. Choosing lesser known parts of bigger conflicts and smaller conflicts could really help me see war through a new lens, as those conflicts are seldomly discussed.
It is of upmost importance to me to get everything right, even the minor details(having known several veterans who expressed their irritation about these in even the most accurate of war films)....
The animation style that I planned for the animation style of this short film to look like a game cutscene(after all that was the only type of animation I did before going into music). This whole thing is actually a passion project, I was not asked by anyone to do it, I just felt that I need to try and see what a war movie without drama would look like(and so all the vets can finally see a movie without all the hogwash).

As for the audience, I planned for a variety of people to view the movie(veterans, normal people, my friends) though to be frank, I think the latter two types of people would get bored halfway through this (planned to be) 15 minute movie....

Latest Threads