Need help ?? British Army dog handler corps

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Hazza_17, Sep 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know what requirements you need to be a dog handler, i.e BARB test results in the UK and Selection grade ( what time you need to finish for the 1.5 mile run) ? any help much appreciated
    thank you
  2. HHH

HHH LE

I know there are a lot of dogs on this site, but I don't think you have to pass the BARB test to date them, just PM them!
  3. Alternatavely, just wait for them to PM you.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Is the such a thing as the Dog Handler Corps? Im my day our mob (REME) had their own. I imagined (maybe incorrectly) that every regiment/corps would do likewise.
  5. Has the RAVC been sucked up into the Really Large Corps?
  6. My lot have their handlers selected from RAF Police...imagine that. Having to be a scuffer to work with dogs in the bluejobs!!!!
  7. Funny, but i was looking for a different perspective but thanks :/
  8. Well there are several things you could try, like your local AFCO or posting this in a more relevant forum than social events and networking.

For a more helpful reply, make sure you get the best score on your BARB and ADSC instead of worrying about what the minimum requirements might be.
  9. thankyou i want to get the best score none the less but i just thought someone might help us out abit, ive been to my AFCO office
  10. Good point, I was limited in my thinking to the guys with the brain on a chain that just patrolled round the camp. I would guess that maybe the sniffer dog, body finder type needs might require someone a bit more speciaist so making RAVC involvment necessary.

Still, not a Dog Handler Corps as such.
  11. When I clicked on your link it told me that the internet was broken, now see what you've done, hope your pleased with yourself!!
  12. Actually I have met a few RAFP Dog Handlers in my time. They were of varying quality, never high quality mind, just varying at the lower end of the scale.
  13. i didn't literally mean dog handler corps the right terminology is the royal army veterinary corps, im just panicking that i would do well, i think ill ace the BARB but just needed some guidance, just to see if there is anyone that knows it well or even in that corps, thank ya for all the replies
  14. Sorry but I have no actual advice for you that would be useful or insightful.

Good luck with your endeavours though, I hope that everything works out well for you.