need help answering a question my recruiter couldnt!!

intr

Crow
im joining the army as infantry in august, i was told i could join the paras or 'request' to move after my training to do the para course is this accurate because im confused? and my recruiter is no help.

Your best bet is to change before you start. It is difficult to transfer during Basic Training, or after frankly.

If there aren't Para spaces for your current start date ask when the next start date with Para places is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

intr

Crow
Your best bet is to change before you start. It is difficult to transfer during Basic Training, or after frankly.

If there aren't Para spaces for your current start date ask when the next start date with Para places is.

is it possible to do the jumping course afterbasic training? guessing my recruiter has filled my head with nonsense

It "can" be done but it's just very unlikely. Particularly if you are going to ITC.

At AFC there's some small scope but even then it's not guaranteed.

Best bet is to say you won't join as infantry unless you get a space to join as Para.

The_Duke

LE
Not impossible, but far from likely. And to be honest, once you get settled into what ever Regiment you join you will be expected to think of them as the best thing since sliced bread. The mere suggestion of wanting to do P Coy and transfer will be viewed as being disloyal.

If you want to be a Para, go for it from the start rather than hoping to slide across at some later date.

Last edited:

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
sing up for the royal engineers get A trade then go to 9 par sqn RE.

poo_finger

Old-Salt
Once upon a time in days of old, the opportunity to become para trained within the line infantry existed.
That opportunity for the most part was lost with 5 AB Bde.
Line infantry para pids still exist in the line infantry unit attached to 16 AA Bde but I doubt you are going to the Ghurka’s?!

If you want a set of wings up, either join Para Reg, go to one of the Para trained units within a Corps or volunteer oneself for either PF or SF selection.

It’s hard enough for Paras to get their wings up these days, let alone any line infantry blokes!

Latest Threads