Need assistance with a research project (approx. 10 mins)

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by swider1, May 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi

Would any of you dear ladies and gentlemen be kind enough as to help a student in dire need?
    I'm currently in the arduous process of writing my M.A. thesis on translation of Polish-English (and English-Polish) military terminology and recently I've come across this wonderful forum of experts :D

The help I need doesn't require too much effort. I'd like anyone willing to help me to fill in a short questionnaire (about 10min of your precious time) and send it back to me (email address: swiderski.michal@wp.pl).

I already have about 30 of these filled in by the German NATO School officers but I need more, especially from NCOs. It would be great if the respondents had some experience in multinational ops.

Any help much appreciated!!!

Attached Files:

2. Can you tell us exactly what the questions are on the form that you require answers to ? .... This will help us to help you.

3. Sure, no problem. These are basically questions concerning selected translation attempts of Polish military terms as they are suggested in dictionaries and existing translations. What I'm trying to do is evaluate them and, with your help, suggest better renditions.

Is the attached file with the questionnaire downloadable? I can see it and download it, hope you're able to do so too... :?

4. msr

msr LE

Reply sent!

Perhaps you could retitle your original post to something like 'Assistance with research project - 10 mins of your time required'

msr

5. Done that, thanks a lot!

By the way, you're great, I've got 18 replies so far :D

6. Sorry, as much as I tried, my firewall would not open your MS Word doc. I would love to help (as I particularly enjoy a military translation challenge) but my computer won't let me. :-(

7. Maybe you could send me a PM with your email address?

8. Gave it a go - reply sent