Need Afghan pictures for SaveOurSoldier website.

If anyone has British troop pictures from Afghanistan, that could be used (with your permission to use) on our website. (under construction) We at the charity would be very appreciative.

General scenes of units comings or goings from base camp, pictures where soldiers are sitting back to take a breather and those of home comings. Any and all of these would be welcome.

You as the photographer could be mentioned too...if you'd like.

Send to:

Many thanks. Lee/Coach
Lee, I've a few I could let you have.

In return I'd like a photo of your missus being ploughed by an American basketball team.

No need to ask for permission if you look in the downloadable section as

Selected, pre-cleared Crown copyright images have been made available for use under the Open Government Licence (OGL). You are encouraged to use these images freely and flexibly, with only a few conditions. These images can be downloaded at high resolution from the "Downloadable" section of this website.

The images on this website that are available under the OGL are denoted with this logo next to them:

This file is available for reuse under the OGL (Open Government License).

Any reproduction of these images must be acknowledged in the following way: "© Crown copyright" followed by the year in which the image was taken. For example, for an image taken today, the correct acknowledgement is:

"© Crown copyright 2012".
No need to ask for permission if you look in the downloadable section as
Hmmm...sticky wicket old bean.

From the legal bit...
ensure that you do not use the Information in a way that suggests any official status or that the Information Provider endorses you or your use of the Information;
ensure that you do not mislead others or misrepresent the Information or its source;

If I were looking for help for PTSD and I came across a website with military images all over it with "crown copyright" as stated in the licence agreement, would it not be "implied" that the website is official?

I just say that because we used some images from the Crown for a local branch SSAFA website and our lawyer suggested that it was not a good idea and that we should replace them. They included a clear statement.