Need a Resi Pouch ID'ing Please

I'm shoving this on Ebay but I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what pattern it is. It dates from the early 70's and used to hold an S6 respirator.

Inside the lid it says:

L.S.M. 1967

8465-99-120-8745

Thanks in advance.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Won't it be 58 pattern thats the only webbing I ever saw them on?

ugly

LE
Not sure why they did away with them in favour of the 72 pattern Nylon ones, perhaps General Melchett will enlighten us?

Not sure why they did away with them in favour of the 72 pattern Nylon ones, perhaps General Melchett will enlighten us?
Wasn't it something to do with it being Bytul Nylon it was easier to decontaminate, also it was just a lot better than the 58 patt one?

ugly

LE
Surely we should have kept the 72 pattern then?

ugly

LE
No in total, if decontam was that important then we should have binned cotton webbing completely!

No in total, if decontam was that important then we should have binned cotton webbing completely!
Oh I see, yes your right they should've, however it was gash (72 Patt) the only really practical part was the Resi pouch.
Also the TA were still using 37 patt at the time so going all "space age" with 72 patt would've upset the apple cart! And be seen as unnesecary expense.

C

cloudbuster

To the OP; I look forward to seeing a "Gas Mask bag as used by SAS/Commando/RAF Regiment" on eblag soon.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
To the OP; I look forward to seeing a "Gas Mask bag as used by SAS/Commando/RAF Regiment" on eblag soon.
Strangely enough it has crossed my mind...

I actually flogged the (rather battered) S6 resi on EBay to a nice man in Japan for US$25!

ugly

LE
They did - eventually. Hence PLCE is made of Nylon, rather than cotton.
Agreed I was on some of the PLCE trials from 82 through to 85 but we still used the 72 patt resi haversack.
I wonder if any arrssers used the full set of 72 pattern?