Need a Resi Pouch ID'ing Please

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by JoeCivvie, Feb 10, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm shoving this on Ebay but I'd be grateful if someone could tell me what pattern it is. It dates from the early 70's and used to hold an S6 respirator.

[​IMG]

Inside the lid it says:

L.S.M. 1967

8465-99-120-8745

Thanks in advance.

2. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Won't it be 58 pattern thats the only webbing I ever saw them on?

3. 59 pattern resi pouch for the classic S6 face sucker

4. 59? Or 58?

5. It's an early 58 pattern resi pouch, as already mentioned

[​IMG]

6. Excellent - thank you chaps.

7. Sorry, my typo

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Not sure why they did away with them in favour of the 72 pattern Nylon ones, perhaps General Melchett will enlighten us?

9. Wasn't it something to do with it being Bytul Nylon it was easier to decontaminate, also it was just a lot better than the 58 patt one?

10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Surely we should have kept the 72 pattern then?

11. I prefer 69 pattern webbing myself:

Hochzeits-Dessous_88797.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  12. That's what they did. It was the only piece of 72 patt adopted, there was a few 72 kidney pouches knocking about (I had one) a 1 piece large pouch. But the rest was binned.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

No in total, if decontam was that important then we should have binned cotton webbing completely!

14. Oh I see, yes your right they should've, however it was gash (72 Patt) the only really practical part was the Resi pouch.
    Also the TA were still using 37 patt at the time so going all "space age" with 72 patt would've upset the apple cart! And be seen as unnesecary expense.

15. To the OP; I look forward to seeing a "Gas Mask bag as used by SAS/Commando/RAF Regiment" on eblag soon.