Need a new Watch

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by ocelot, Dec 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Evening.

I am looking to buy a new watch, does anyone have any recommendations?

I am after one I can use whilst training and for general use also.

I have looked at this watch Link (advertised on ARRSE) and it seems reasonable, I have also looked at some Traser watches.

2. Here's one that might suit you;

3. One of the G-shock's. Best watch I've ever had. Even resets the time every night so it's always spot on. The actual style you get depends on you.
  4. You'll not get better than this linky to watch. Looks good in civvy land too. Not cheap, but get what you pay for.
  5. Better hope the BC's got the same watch then.
  6. Agree with box of frogs, G-shock make cracking watches, dropped mine, stood on it, washed it and it still works.
  7. Why spend £160 odd quid for a watch for when you are in training, just get a cheap waterproof casio type watch.
    cos when some little scrote nicks your nice gucci shiney watch.

8. This one is rather nice

and it's a snip at just £750,000! :D

it'll probably lose about 15 minutes a month though :oops:
  9. On a serious note G10 style watches are good for the price
  10. Another vote for G Shock. I got a gulfman before deploying to Basra... it got dragged through mud on pre deployment training, then it got dragged across concrete and grit in Basra while I crawled around on the deck. It's got some scratches on the rubber case, but that's it. Great watches for 50 notes or so, they'll last forever. Mine even lights up at night when you need it to.
  11. G-Shock for robustness & value depending on the features you want.
    I use a Suuntu D10 for Scuba & have to say I am not impressed.
    Their X10 Military watch looks great on the spec sheet,
    not so great imo in one's hand and certainly has some real build quality problems:
    fascia scratching & detaching, battery life etc - there's quite a lot on-line about it.
    Non Mac compatability [a long standing Suunto issue].
    The rubber strap looks horribly like my D10 which cracks & breaks in humid hot climes.
    Otherwise find a black analogue watch with decent glass, body & strap.
  12. The G Shocks are nails, I have been through 5 casio's and only ever had one G shock which was hideous in an aqua marine colour, a basic black casio with stop watch and timer will do you fine.
  13. I had one of these as a work watch for nearly 8 years; it survived several trips away and worked well. The case eventually split and in the process of gluing it together managed to glue the mode button solid. The watch still works though.

I found it a perfect, relatively cheap watch for work.
  14. Good enough for Swiss army good enough for me!