Need a favour!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
I went via the link that @light_projector provided, got answer via FB messenger within an hour, they'll be getting back to me in a couple of days, thanks everyone.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

exsniffer

Old-Salt
The sad fact is the youngest Cameronian alive today would be just under 70…..
IIRC there was a TA company of the Cameronians as part of the Lowland Regiment until options in 1991

IIRC there was a TA company of the Cameronians as part of the Lowland Regiment until options in 1991
There was indeed at Motherwell, untill rebadged KOSB. One or two left mostly gone, the original black hackles….their arc has scottish rifles on the building.

Bubbles_Barker

LE
Book Reviewer
One of the guys who drinks in my local is 98 on 18th Aug. Ex Cameronian who landed on D-Day+3, fought at Hill 112, his son has got him a Cameronian Glengarry for his birthday and would like to have someone present it to him from either the Cameronian assoc or, at least, a Scottish Regt. Based in London, would it be possible to get anyone to do this, a piper would also be a handy necessity. The guys in the pub are having a whipround to pay for the piper, drinks would be available for the other guys as well.

Wish I’d seen this at the time as I could have helped. Hope it got sorted.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
Wish I’d seen this at the time as I could have helped. Hope it got sorted.
We managed to get a piper in for 2 hours, George was piped in as he entered the pub, piper played a couple of tunes every 30 minutes. When George was handed his new glengarry, it got a bit dusty in the pub and a round of Lagavulin was supplied by the pub Guvnor for those celebrating the old boy's birthday, around 30 of us.

Latest Threads