Neck pain

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by supermark500, Feb 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've had a pain in my neck/left top of shoulder since yesterday morning and was wondering if it could be down to my old pillow? Does anyone use one of those memory pillow things? Fancy pillow Are they any good?

Also, should I go to see my doc or a chiropractor about it?

2. probably just slept awkward it will be gone in a couple of hours

3. That's the thing, it's been like this for over a day now. I've been stretching but it's still bloody painful. Sometimes when I move my head the pain goes down my back.

4. have you been lifting weights lately? you may have strained a muscle

5. Well as a rough punt I'd say you have an acute cervical posterior facet syndrome with associated muscle hypertonicity, perhaps.

And, yes they do go away but the real issue is have you resolved the underlying cause - I'd say not, and so it will return. Get thee to your chiro and get some sensible care into your self - 'save your life, swear to God'

6. Yes, I've been doing weights, pull ups, press ups etc.

Sounds like I will have to get me along to a chiro then. Dang, I feel like I'm falling apart.

7. I've been to a chiro on loads of occasions for a quick fix - does the job within 2 - 3 days and I'm brand new. What you need to do is to find what caused the problem in the 1st place and sort that out. It'll save mucho dinero in the long term.

8. I've been to a chiro on loads of occasions for a quick fix - does the job within 2 - 3 days and I'm brand new. What you need to do is to find what caused the problem in the 1st place and sort that out. It'll save mucho dinero in the long term.

9. Yep I bought one before Christmas and since then I have been fine. Look on Amazon for "memory foam pillow" they are less than £6 each. The first night I used it, was the best night's sleep I had had for years. As for the Chiro, it depends on the chiro. Some are good and some are a waste of space. Doctors tend to treat the symptom so will give you pills to ease the pain but beware that some doctors hate the idea of chiros and will to to talk you out of it. If you know of a good chiro go and see him or if it is a her, definately go and see her as there is something very theraputic about being gripped and pummeled by a female.

10. Yep I bought one before Christmas and since then I have been fine. Look on Amazon for "memory foam pillow" they are less than £6 each. The first night I used it, was the best night's sleep I had had for years. As for the Chiro, it depends on the chiro. Some are good and some are a waste of space. Doctors tend to treat the symptom so will give you pills to ease the pain but beware that some doctors hate the idea of chiros and will to to talk you out of it. If you know of a good chiro go and see him or if it is a her, definately go and see her as there is something very theraputic about being gripped and pummeled by a female.

11. Called my local Chiro (who is well recommended and used by the local footie team and my dad) and am booked in for tomorrow. I'll probably feel fine by then but it will be good to get it sorted so that there isn't a next time.

12. Let me also reccomend seeing a chiropractor. Helped me enormously.

J.