Nearly half of British mosques run by hard-line sect

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bugly, Sep 7, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So the enemy is allowed to grow under Lairbour, 600 extremist training centers, oops I mean mosques are allowed to carry on.

2. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

The usual rules apply: derogatory remarks about Islam or racial slurs will lead to the thread being deleted and the miscreants banned or 'O2 Thief' tagged. You have been warned.

3. The adjective Orwellian refers to these behaviours of State and The Party, especially when the Party is the State:

The political manipulation of language, by obfuscation, e.g. WAR IS PEACE.

Using language to reduce and eliminate ideas and their meanings that are deemed dangerous to its authority.

Invasion of personal privacy, either directly physically or indirectly by surveillance.

State control of its citizens' daily life, as in a "Big Brother" society.

Official encouragement of policies contributing to the socio-economic disintegration of the family.

The substitution of traditional religion with the adoration of the State and its Leaders and their Party.

The encouragement of "doublethink," whereby the population must learn to embrace inconsistent concepts without dissent, e.g. giving up liberty for freedom.

The revision of history in the favour of the State's interpretation of it.

A dystopian future.

Censorship

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Are you talking about Cspunk? :roll:

5. Talking about the general level of cencorship kicking round in general.

Freedom of speech is non negotiable.

It's amazing how illiberal and intolerant the liberals are isn't it?

6. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Even less than non-negotiable in a forum titled "Current Affairs, News and ANALYSIS". Where then can one ANALYSE such news and discuss it, or even draw conclusions for further discussion?

7. But who gave you permission to analyse news? Surely your role is to accept what you're told by those who know better :roll:

8. Not that I had heard of the "Deobandi" sect, though it appears to be a long-standing reaction to a previous Imperial adventure according to its wikipedantic article. The Taliban link is rather worrying, even if they "follow a simplistic version of the school's teachings".

There is a detailed and concerning description of the methodology used by extremists, in that case the Jamat-e-Islami and the Hizb ut-Tahrir, to take over running mosques and other Islamic institutions in Ed Husain's book "The Islamist".

9. :x PIGS WILL FLY (SORRY TO MY MUSLIM BROTHERS GOATS WILL FLY) :D :D :D

10. Given that the Government is at war with terror and the causes of terrorism why has it allowed these extremists to flourish ? maybe it's allowed as the liarbour party needs their (muslim) vote.

The enemy within the UK is being appeased by this Government rather than being rooted out.

11. The enemy within the UK? I sincerely hope that you are not referring to Muslims in general with that crass statement. Qualify your statement, please; Do you mean all Muslims or a specific section of Muslims?

12. Because it needs the Muslim vote and it cant antagonise those who fund the labour party. The Government is the enemy of the UK every bit as much as the radical muslims as far as I can see.

The Government wont open its eyes to this threat to our liberty becaase it is an equal threat.

13. I try to avoid labelling people, but you, The_Cad, and you, Bugly, are both appearing racist, xenophobic, and anti-muslim at present, and have shown elsewhere similar tendencies. Either qualify your statements or accept these labels. Do you mean that all Muslims are bad or a specific section?

14. Well I am virulantly anti Muslim as a Christian, but neither Xenophobic as I am pro Eu, nor Racist as my daughters married a Kiwi....

15. Can't say I am surprised, I read Ed Hussein's book 'The Islamist' over the summer. He makes it very clear that most of the heirarchy of the Muslim Council of Britain were Islamists in their youth and may still be of that persuasion.