ND!

ACAB

On ROPS
On ROPs
Ah, "Contact, Wait out!" always used to work, don't suppose he has that option available, fcuking muppet !

ACAB said:
Ah, "Contact, Wait out!" always used to work, don't suppose he has that option available, fcuking muppet !
The suspended officer will continue to perform other work while the Directorate of Professional Standards probe continues.

We all know who's going to be the night duty officer for the next year or so! :lol:

Random_Task said:
ACAB said:
The suspended officer will continue to perform other work while the Directorate of Professional Standards probe continues.

We all know who's going to be the night duty officer for the next year or so! :lol:
Should be Range biatch for the rest of his life, picking up spent brass should give him time to REALLY think about his handling drills,
FCUKING MUPPET

If the going rate in the sandpit is £1500, how much this poor bugger be charged?

Maybe he thought he saw a brazilian :twisted: . Thought these guys were highly trained .

Darthspud said:
Single round or multiple?
Generally speaking, police MP5s are carbines, i.e. they are single shot with no automatic/ burst capability.

It's typical clueless journos who keep writing "police armed with submachineguns" when they aren't and never have been.

V!

Its a shame he didn't shoot any yanks-see how they like friendly fire!

ACAB

On ROPS
On ROPs
my Missus has got a Brazilian, why would the plod shoot at that??

Manchester_Rogue said:
I always thought the definition of a submachine gun was a small, compact weapon firing pistol ammunition (normally select fire. S-1-F or S-1-3)
I think the operative part of the description is machine-gun, i.e. a weapon capable of automatic or burst fire. Most police and paramilitary versions of such weapons converted to semi-automatic only are described as "carbines."

As well as the MP5 converted in this way, some UK forces use carbine versions of the AuG-Steyr firing 9mm rounds.

V!

Silly bugger still loosed off a round or two, regardless of the religious denomination of the gun. A case of the finest champagne to the office, and a warm bottle of brown ale to the instructor...

[pedant]Silly bugger still loosed off a round or two, regardless of the religious denomination of the gun.[/pedant]

WB, old bean, it wasn't an artillery piece, either.

:D

V!

I might dispute the definition of carbine having any relevance to the auto capability or otherwise of the weapon. My M-4 is categorised as a carbine, but it definitely auto-capable.

NTM

California_Tanker said:
I might dispute the definition of carbine having any relevance to the auto capability or otherwise of the weapon. My M-4 is categorised as a carbine, but it definitely auto-capable.

NTM
Aye.

According to Wikipedia, a Submachine gun is a firearm that combines the automatic fire of a machine gun with the ammunition of a pistol.

And a Carbine is a firearm similar to, yet shorter than a rifle or a musket. These are essentially shorter than rifles but fire the same ammunition, although usually at a lower velocity.

Another class of carbine is a semi-automatic version of a submachine gun, with an extended barrel, just over 16 inches (406 mm) long, which will escape ban by some "assault weapon" legislation. While functionally identical to other carbines, these are banned in some places as "assault weapons" based on their cosmetic similarity to submachine guns. However, they may not accept certain parts (such as magazines or collapsing stocks) from the submachine guns they resemble.

So it would support Vegetius' statement of a semi-auto submachine gun being classed as a carbine. Obviously a different sort of carbine than the M4A1 carbine rifle.

I think.

I love wikipedia.

Latest Threads