NCS - 16 to 17? places for October Half Term available

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by Goatman, Oct 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Saw this, thought of y'all......dig in folks...

LINKY

I would be interested to hear whether ACF/CCF/SCC/ATC etc Units have been approached or may already be well aware and making the utmost of the opportunities ?

NCS schemes are delivered on the ground by various youth organisations:

CATCH-22.org.uk
    Young Lives
    Football League Trust ( Leyton Orient and Norwich FC to name two in Eastern England)
    Luton Culture etc
    VInspired
    Petroc
    Future Foundations
    etc etc

2. The ACF are running this at present and are half way through it, the ATC & SCC dont appear to be doing much. Having seen the civilian programme in action I would say its another government initiative chucking money away to youngstres who are already achieving, and totally missing the people who would actually benefit from taking part!!!

3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Horse...water.....drink
    I have understood what you are saying ( rather than ' I hear what you say...but..')

Not had first- hand experience of the NCS scheme in operation ( both junior goats are now above the cut-off age) - and if you have, then I bow to your experience - but seems to me that the Do Nothing/' Its-All-Too-Difficult-And-Will-End-In-Tears ' option is seldom the best way ahead.

As that disabled half-pint The Immortal Memory said ' better to be shot for doing something than for doing nothing' (optimum solution of course is don't get shot at all, get home in time for tea and stickies)

I think the point is that there are quite a few savvy young folk out there who have zero interest in the Armed Forces....but would actually, secretly, quite enjoy some of the things that the Cadet forces various have been doing for years ( but without the <shudder> militaristic overtones that so aggravate some non-mil mums and dads)

here's a pretty lady talking about it anyway...which is never an unwelcome sight:

https://www.youtube.com/embed/EyC80OKGVYs?rel=0&wmode=transparent