NCO and Recruit Relatonships

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by cable_dog, Nov 26, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is realationships between phase 2 recruits and NCO's so bad. I worked at Blandford once and some of the females coming through where older than myself. Surely a Female who is 20 + is old enought o make her mind up if she wants a relationship with a member of permanant staff.

2. what colour is the sky where you live?

3. Blue mate. How about you or cant you see the sky because you are part of a secure ward

4. Does this even justify a comment!

Perhaps this is why your lot are having such high profile "issues" at the moment

lets have a bit of common dog please

TheGimp

edited for grammar

5. Surely it's the NCOs who should be acting properly?

6. From your nick your probably a liney which means you were probably an RP, they were the biggest culprits for taking advantage of phase 2s. Talk about abuse of position, such things as knocking off the Girlfriend from Guard/ROPs/Show parades etc, you cant deny it as it was rife. Oh remember the fake ID scam!! oh dear those were the days I bet!!

Anyway in answer to your question there are 2 books, firstly "Values and Standards of the British Army" and secondly "ATRA Code of Conduct" I suggest you read both and then apply them.

7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Disco - you assume that the dog can understand what he is reading!

8. wasnt an RP actually. I can remember the ID scam though and the nco in question was rightfully disciplined for it

9. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

An NCO or officer in a training establishment who embarks on a relationahip with a trainee is guilty of abuse of a position of power.

It can never be a balanced relationship when one side is disproportionately powerful i.e. a depot NCO.

Trainees are expected to treat instructors with respect, instructors should be mature enough to realise that a sexual relationship with a trainee is by definition an abuse of power.

If you were a schoolteacher having an affair with an 18 year old pupil you would be very lucky not to go down and, in my opinion, the same fate should await NCOs who have relationships with trainees under their control.

10. It is a dubious area of strictly right and wrong. However, morally and from a purely integrity view it should be neither done or condoned in a training establishment.

11. It is a dubious area of strictly right and wrong. However, morally and from a purely integrity view it should be neither done or condoned in a training establishment. Maninblack sums it up succinctly.

12. Fcuk them all - whores one and all. You may be fortunate to get one of them pregnant and end up with a quarter on Gunville.

CNUT.

13. As a NCO in a training enviroment you are entrusted with a duty of care. with such a powerfull position (and remember how powerfull you thought NCO'S0 were when you went through training) that is abuse of that position. it could all come back and bite you in the ars* big time in the end. but like you said were all big enough to make our own choices, so its up to you

14. I'm sure some of you crusties remember when buggery was used as a permitted form of punishment by NCOs.

15. We’re you punished daily during your time as a recruit? :D