Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NC500

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Art installations currently available to view on the NC500

FB_IMG_1600333564210.jpg

Shite on a picnic table.

FB_IMG_1600333577440.jpg

Exploring the woods.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
20200917_131826.jpg

Definitely need a longer lunch break some days.

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The stunning view over the Dornoch Firth this morning

1600518489894.png

I got back after my trip oop North - did it alone in my MX-5, camping in sites mostly booking on the way, starting at a campsite near Inverness, taking in Thurso, Sango Sands and 3 nights at ‘The Wee Campsite’ on the banks of Lochcarron - last night at Glen Nevis before heading home.

The car was an absolute blast and perfect for the route - on the road out of Applecross leading onto the Bealach an Ba pass an F360 let me past as his rear end was hitting the bumps too much and he had to slow down! So even better than a supercar! Most other people were happy to pull in to let me pass on the single track roads and I had many happy miles getting my foot down and making the most of it.

There was definitely an element of Tetris getting my gear in the car, but mainly due to me taking too much stuff (covering all contingencies, including a collapsing bucket and trowel in case I couldn’t get to a campsite for the night and needed to poop)

I got really lucky with the weather - although the first two days were a bit claggy, for the remainder it was perfect. No midges either.

I can definitely recommend it to anyone on the fence.

Some locals chilling on the shore at Applecross (the chips at the van there are crap by the way, the ice cream was delicious)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TamH70

MIA

I think I know this castle from somewhere. Oh yeah:

"I am Connor MacLeod of the Clan MacLeod. I was born in 1518 in the village of Glenfinnan on the shores of Loch Shiel. And I am immortal."

I even managed to capture the Milky Way - gotta love the lack of light pollution (Wee Campsite, Lochcarron. D3300 with the bog standard 18-55 lens, 30 seconds exposure on a tripod)

Latest Threads