NBC suits

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by whitenoisebabies, Feb 28, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having recently having some low life pikey (read cadet most likely) nick my nbc suit whilst it was airing after being in the chamber, Promptly reported this who went into a whinge about how they are "one time issue" and that you don't ever get another even for ops (which i know is bollocks). I was wondering exactly how accountable these things are, as i had been led to believe they were pretty much a throw away item. or is this just another case of stores are for storing things.

And who the fcuk nicks nbc suits????
  2. Cadets will nick anything if it's not bolted down!!!!!!
  3. One time issue????????
    Do me a favour, what happens mid ex if they get immersed on a river crossing?
    Does happen,especially if your DI's /instructors are runty little people.
    They have a limited amount of suits that are about to go shelf life-ex that are released for unit use ie;training non operational.
    Your Q staff should have more but then it depends how they are supported by higher echelons in your formation.
  4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

Got loads of NBC suits as expense items. Want some?
  5. NBC Training Suits should be counted as expense items as they are technically speaking consumables. Your G4 staff must be real shiny arrsed bean counters to make an issue of this. All you need to do is write a short statement explaining the circumstances of the loss and even if they had no spares (Which the blanket stacking REMFS will) they can demand a replacement on the basis of this.
    Alternatively, a Wolf wheel brace around the back of the storemans head on a dark night will also show Norman the error of his bean counting ways.
  6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

We only got issued one suit in the RAF & it was soon bolluxed up! Ripped & covered with various fluids from crawling under the Tornado GR-4's I worked on.F**** stacker was'nt to impressed when I wanted a new one.Until my C/T went on the rampage!