Nazi war criminal 'Beast of Bolzano' dies - Which war criminals have escaped justice?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Smithey, Nov 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Tony Bliar..?

2. Me.

*stumbles off to stroke necklace of ears*

3. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

I'll second that.

4. Pinochet.

(who didn't have the decency to have a surname with more than 10 characters so I'm having to type this too...)

5. Oh yes, and Ejup Ganic. But there's still time to nail him...

6. Loads of the buggers must have died peacefully in their own beds unfortunately. Mengele got off scot free, Stalin as well, and thats just a couple of well known ones. The Soviet geezers who did the shootings in Katyn forest, the Soviet rapists and murderers during the Berlin offensive whose names will probably never be known. The list is probably so immense that it doesn`t bare dwelling on for too long.

7. Cold_Collation

Cold_Collation LE Book Reviewer

Mate, this is a thread about dictators who got away with it, not favourite wines. :-D

8. Saw an interesting programme on RTE when I was home a few years ago

It detailed how the Republic seemed to have a policy of admitting war criminals and nazi collaborators whilst simultaneously refusing Jews seeking refuge.

Can be found on youtube.

Part one
    YouTube - Irelands Nazis pt 1

vaguely remember a scene in it where he tries to confront or get hold of one who was still hiding in ROI at the time...I'll have to watch it again though it escapes my memory just now.

9. Albert Speer who fully deserved the noose rarer than a genteel retirement springs to mind as does Hirohito. It's a losers club of course if we included victors it would be a very long list including some towering great and good.

Curtis Lemay was detached enough to realize that if you don't want to branded a war criminal best be on the winning side. His way of achieving that was by roasting urban Japanese in firestorms city by city and it worked very nicely. To quote him:
    And Lemay was unquestionably a great soldier who served his country well.

10. Franjo Tudjman.

11. Idi Amin VC, DSO, MC, etc..