Nazi Uniform ban at WW2 dress up parties and events.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by bokkatankie, May 19, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. And a typical ill-informed comment from one of the organisers about how the "SS ran the concentration camps" as a blanket term. I guess she doesn't know that *we* invented the bloody things.
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Following complaints by German tourists about Nazi uniforms, the British Public demonstrate their renowned cultural sensitivity and humility ...
  3. Makes you wonder if when they have these things on the continent they ban certain British regiments too.
  4. Yes, but we invented soccer and rugby and cricket and lots of other things that Johnny Foreigner is so much better at. And, you have to admit, it's going to take some doing to get the cup back from our German colleagues.
    • Like Like x 9
  5. I seem to remember most of their social gathering places simply had signs saying "NO BRITISH SOLDIERS"
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Why would you want to go dressed in Primark, when you can go in Hugo Boss?
    • Like Like x 8
  7. But can you go as a Jap or a USSR NKVD officer?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. They're banned outside of Soho even in the UK ...

Amusingly, they do Black and Tan re-enactments in Eire, so I can't see what Jerry is waffening on about ...

Irish History | Battlegroup South

That is, of course, when they're not doing their favourite re-enactments ...

"Now, would you be seeing that whiny fecking Kraut over there, Seamus ..."

Personally, I reckon jealousy is an awful thing to behold in adults. :twisted:
    • Like Like x 1
  9. I have my doubts about anyone over the age of 12 who feels the need to wear any description of fancy dress.
    • Like Like x 3
  10. What, like mess dress?
    • Like Like x 4
  11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

No Nazi uniforms? Sounds like a meeting lacking in style and sartorial elegance to me.
  12. phil245

phil245 LE Book Reviewer

you should never play golf with Germans, you can never get them out of the bunker.
    • Like Like x 8
  13. Not really what I would classify as 'fancy dress', I'm thinking more of dressing up in make-believe costumes. However, I will say that I believe mess dress to constitute 'cruel and unusual punishment'.
  14. It'd like a quid for every time someone attempts to defend the SS, oh and the old favorite is 'we invented concentration camps' bla bla bla....true, but not death camps controlled by guess who? Ah yes, the much vaunted SS, Waffen and Algermein. The only branch of any western armed force where every individual unit committed warcrimes....FFS. The fact that anyone would want to spend your weekends dressing up as the scum of the universe and they are surprised when they get****ed off at the high port questions their mentalities....don't see too many Volksturm renactors.........but then no chance to strut around

And no tiny, there was no distinction between camp guards and waffen SS that's why they were all in the 'immediate arrest' category as war criminals after the 1,000 yera Reich fell don't have to like it, you just have to accept it.
    • Like Like x 10