Nazi pug man fined £800 for posting video on Youtube

The bloke who trolled his girlfriend, by teaching her dog to do Nazi salutes and putting the resulting video on YouTube gets an £800 fine

The guy is dislikeable idiot, but I don't like the implications of this. Once you can fined for trolling where does that leave Arrse let alone 4 Chan etc

Interesting that the Sheriff fined him because he thought the video was "anti-Semitic and racist in nature" and was aggravated by religious prejudice.

Malicious communication I can understand, the guy was trolling pure and simple, but aggravated by religious prejudice really ????

It was a joke in bad taste, which has repercussions for social media in general (Well at least in Scotland, but I can see this idea spreading)

Last edited:

schwarzie

On ROPS
On ROPs
I disagree with the judgement for several reasons ,first it's the question of intent. He clearly did it to 'troll' his girlfriend, and I suspect he wasn't doing it to racially abuse her . You could make a case ,he harrassed his girlfriend, but I think it's much harder to prove he did it to racially abuse her. Second it's a question of priorities for the police and CPS, charge and prosecute this guy when we have scum making the streets unsafe and all the antisocial behaviour going on. The most that should have happened here, is a visit from the police to his home , telling him to stop being a dick. And some would even suggest that is overkill. This is one of many reasons why people have lost so much respect for the police and justice system.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
So we can't even make a joke now. Even the Nazis were not this bad.

Well you did have to look over shoulder but this is bloody ridiculous.

I disagree with the judgement for several reasons ,first it's the question of intent. He clearly did it to 'troll' his girlfriend, and I suspect he wasn't doing it to racially abuse her . You could make a case ,he harrassed his girlfriend, but I think it's much harder to prove he did it to racially abuse her. Second it's a question of priorities for the police and CPS, charge and prosecute this guy when we have scum making the streets unsafe and all the antisocial behaviour going on. The most that should have happened here, is a visit from the police to his home , telling him to stop being a dick. And some would even suggest that is overkill. This is one of many reasons why people have lost so much respect for the police and justice system.
Would this case have a bearing on dramas/films concerning 30s Germany with attendant saluting and someone feeling it was racist? Seems a mad mad world is upon us. :cool:

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
The bloke who trolled his girlfriend, by teaching her dog to do Nazi salutes and putting the resulting video on YouTube gets an £800 fine

The guy is dislikeable idiot, but I don't like the implications of this. Once you can fined for trolling where does that leave Arrse let alone 4 Chan etc

Interesting that the Sheriff fined him because he thought the video was "anti-Semitic and racist in nature" and was aggravated by religious prejudice.

Malicious communication I can understand, the guy was trolling pure and simple, but aggravated by religious prejudice really ????

It was a joke in bad taste, which has repercussions for social media in general (Well at least in Scotland, but I can see this idea spreading)
He wasn't charged for making a joke

The sentencing summary

PF v Mark Meechan - Judgments & Sentences - Judiciary of Scotland

He wasn't charged for making a joke
That's rather the whole point of the thread

They went out of their way to ignore context and intent

Anyone who posts memes could fall foul of this, ignore the context completely and what does posting images of naked crying babies look like to someone in the legal profession stuck in the 70's....

The guy is dislikeable idiot,
Seems ok to me, why dont you like him?

Even malicious communication sound a bit harsh,
Reading this
Social Media: Guidelines on prosecuting cases involving communications sent via social media | The Crown Prosecution Service
It might be classed as Category 4, but even that doesnt seem very clear.

I'd fine him just for owning a Pug… hideous looking Mong dogs

Yes, but you know that they say dogs tend to look like their owners?

Well...
pug.jpg

The shame and ridicule must be intolerable; the poor little dog has suffered enough.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
That's rather the whole point of the thread

They went out of their way to ignore context and intent
Read the summary they did not take it out of context.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
polar Royal Signals 4
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 10
OldSnowy The Training Wing 18