Nazi Gold Train Found In Poland

Ciggie

GCM
All gone rather quite....no big surprises there, in my experience the Poles are exceptionally good at bullshitting about anything remotely to do with money......

J

JWBenett

Funny, Poland's Zuchowski had sworn that geophys made him "99% convinced" that a German military train was buried near Walbrzych. But a Press conference today reckons there's a tunnel with no train and "no evidence" in southwest Poland. It would have been Polish state property anyway but it looks like the end of Klondikeski fever.

There is at least one in the woods near to me.My neighbour was home guard and they had a buried hide.The old bugger will not discuss it as Mr Churchill told him not to tell anyone about it.Could be all sorts of interesting stuff down there,and all wrapped in waxed paper and grease.
Do you suppose the old boy was in one of the Auxiliary Units? A friend of mine in West Sussex and some like-minded mates of his found such a hide. It was full of debris and rubbish, but they cleaned it out.

Auxiliary Units - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Maybe who invented the story has been reading too much Sven Hassel.....

I heard on the afternoon news that "Polish geophysicists had declared there was a tunnel but no train or gold".

As they quaffed cocktails on the decks of their beach mansions in the Dutch Antilles, surrounded by nubile lovelies.

The Polish state gold reserves might have got a surreptitious boost ........

4(T)

LE
The press accounts seem to be incredibly muddled and factually incorrect (as usual).

It seems that a tunnel-like structure has been detected and confirmed. However, no digging has taken place to investigate, and one presumes that, therefore, there is no way possible to determine whether there is a train or anything else inside this tunnel.

Hence they still cannot confirm, amend or deny the original train story?

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
America now has its own story of treasure that is/was/wasn't to be found
link - Treasure hunters challenge FBI over dig for Civil War gold

Time we Brits had another look for King John's treasure
The lost jewels of Bad King John
My favourite is this one.

Yamashita's gold - Wikipedia
Yamashita's gold, also referred to as the Yamashita treasure, is the name given to the alleged war loot stolen in Southeast Asia by Imperial Japanese forces during World War II and hidden in caves, tunnels, underground complexes, or just underground in the Philippines.
In the last 50's and early 60's Japanese companies built a number of hotels in the Philippines. The suspicion has always been that they built them over where treasure was known to have been buried and extracted it while the foundations were being dug.

I suspect something similar has happened to many of the other reputed treasure hordes - someone in the know sneaked back and dug it up.

Wordsmith

Time we Brits had another look for King John's treasure
The lost jewels of Bad King John
The side story to King John's treasure was that he was taking it to Lincoln to pawn to Jewish money lenders. John's keeper of the robes was connected to the Earl of Chester and the plot was hatched to steal the jewels and regalia and spirit them away to Beeston Castle (one of the Earl of Chester castles) and deliberately let the empty wagons be caught by the tide.

This has caused many searched of Beeston Castle to be made looking for this now lost "lost" treasure. There is only one problem to finding the treasure at Beeston . . . . . . . . . . an ancestor of mine was constable of Beeston Castle the following century and keeping up family tradition (or possibly starting it) he would have spirited the riches away and spent it all on women of negotiable affection and booze, lots of booze. :)

The latest twist in this long-running saga emerges.

'A diary that was in the possession of a secret society for decades after the end of World War II may contain a map detailing the location of more than 30 tons (28 metric tons) of gold that was hidden by the Nazis.

'Written 75 years ago by a Waffen Schutzstaffel (S.S.) officer using the pseudonym "Michaelis," this journal outlined Nazi commander Heinrich Himmler's plans to hide stolen European riches, artifacts and priceless works of art, according to Polish news site The First News (TFN).

'The diary listed 11 sites where Nazis concealed looted gold, jewels, priceless paintings and religious objects. One location that it names is an abandoned well that extends nearly 200 feet (60 meters) underground, beneath the 16th-century Hochberg Palace in the village of Roztoka, in southwestern Poland. The gold at the bottom of the well is thought to have come from the Reichsbank in the Polish town of Breslau (now Wrocław) and is estimated to be worth billions of euros, TFN reported on May 26.'

4(T)

LE

'A diary that was in the possession of a secret society for decades after the end of World War II may contain a map detailing the location of more than 30 tons (28 metric tons) of gold that was hidden by the Nazis.

'Written 75 years ago by a Waffen Schutzstaffel (S.S.) officer using the pseudonym "Michaelis," this journal outlined Nazi commander Heinrich Himmler's plans to hide stolen European riches, artifacts and priceless works of art, according to Polish news site The First News (TFN).

'The diary listed 11 sites where Nazis concealed looted gold, jewels, priceless paintings and religious objects. One location that it names is an abandoned well that extends nearly 200 feet (60 meters) underground, beneath the 16th-century Hochberg Palace in the village of Roztoka, in southwestern Poland. The gold at the bottom of the well is thought to have come from the Reichsbank in the Polish town of Breslau (now Wrocław) and is estimated to be worth billions of euros, TFN reported on May 26.'

Sounds a bit like "the Hitler Diaries".

Get Gordon Brown involved. He can probably make two or three million out of that.
The Browns are certainly involved; though I suspect more likely Dan than Gordon; tunnels, Masonic lodges and the Aryan spiritual/mystic heimat of Quedlinburg.

I just don’t give that ant credence whatever. It sounds so much like a little bit of pot stirring during the Canaris time. During the seventy five years since the end, one doesn’t think that Europe hasn’t been scoured for every last vestige. And here’s a thought. Do they honestly think that Poland would have been left by the Soviets. It sounds as if it was taken direct from Ffafnirs cave. I mean Germany was scraped clean by the Allies in 46, the Swiss made their money as well as the Yanks, Russians et al. I mean would you really stash your in territory that was contested and likely to be so.