Nazi flag?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by danny842003, Jul 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is from a video on youtube and i think it must have been flying at a FOB. Does it have a meaning? I thaught maybe a yank unit or something just looked a bit odd in the video thats all .

2. Can you not post said link?
  3. I am completely and utterly outraged. I'm off to top myself.
  4. Wait for me, we can both gas ourselves in the Outrage bus.
  5. I'm outraged at your outrage and am going to tell the sponsors on you.

It looks like its attached to an antenna maybe on a warrior or viking, could be some sort of WW2 Nazi Armoured unit.

It's just a guess though
  6. My guess is it must mean something to a specific unit. As i dont think any OC/CO etc would allow it if it didnt have some history to go with it.
  7. SS Skull and Eagle flag.

49 Erstatz Kommando, IIRC...
  8. Fair enough, I know you've been depressed since Jacko died. I suppose this is just the final straw.
  9. Oh I think there is some history involved:
    Waffen SS Panzer Division
    The thing is 6 Euro something:
  10. SS Skull and Eagle flag.

I'm surprised nobody has said that yet.
  11. Can't quite see how any 'history' would allow the flying of such a vile rag. Nor can I see any CO or OC allowing it.

Unless..........Christ, have we deployed the SS to Helmand? I don't remember that paper being endorsed!
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Nothing to do with anything at all then, apart from some upleasant historical thing that's long over and done. Good.
  13. I remember hearing about this a year or two ago. There were a few lads who got their knuckles rapped because of it.