Nazi flag?

This is from a video on youtube and i think it must have been flying at a FOB. Does it have a meaning? I thaught maybe a yank unit or something just looked a bit odd in the video thats all .

Wait for me, we can both gas ourselves in the Outrage bus.

Z

Zarathustra

Fallschirmjager said:
I am completely and utterly outraged. I'm off to top myself.
I'm outraged at your outrage and am going to tell the sponsors on you.

It looks like its attached to an antenna maybe on a warrior or viking, could be some sort of WW2 Nazi Armoured unit.

It's just a guess though

My guess is it must mean something to a specific unit. As i dont think any OC/CO etc would allow it if it didnt have some history to go with it.

SS Skull and Eagle flag.

49 Erstatz Kommando, IIRC...

Fallschirmjager said:
I am completely and utterly outraged. I'm off to top myself.
Fair enough, I know you've been depressed since Jacko died. I suppose this is just the final straw.

danny842003 said:
My guess is it must mean something to a specific unit. As i dont think any OC/CO etc would allow it if it didnt have some history to go with it.
Oh I think there is some history involved:
Waffen SS Panzer Division
The thing is 6 Euro something:

SS Skull and Eagle flag.

I'm surprised nobody has said that yet.

danny842003 said:
Can't quite see how any 'history' would allow the flying of such a vile rag. Nor can I see any CO or OC allowing it.

Unless..........Christ, have we deployed the SS to Helmand? I don't remember that paper being endorsed!

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Nothing to do with anything at all then, apart from some upleasant historical thing that's long over and done. Good.

I remember hearing about this a year or two ago. There were a few lads who got their knuckles rapped because of it.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Devil's Guard?

Biped said:
Nothing to do with anything at all then, apart from some upleasant historical thing that's long over and done. Good.
Simply describing the Nazis, and the SS in particular, as 'some unpleasant historical thing' is extraordinary from someone who links to the RBL on his website.

Members of HM Armed Forces flying SS flags isn't acceptable in my book, or I should think, any CO or OC in the Forces. What next? How about flying the Irish tricolour over every Airborne barracks on the anniversary of Warrenpoint?

No, didn't think so. :x

Tartan_Terrier said:
I remember hearing about this a year or two ago. There were a few lads who got their knuckles rapped because of it.
Not effectively enough though - this was posted 2 months ago... and fcukwit remembered to edit the flag out from the version he sent his CO "lol"
This is the same video essentially as my other one about Royal Navy Ratings but with all the messing about taken out because this one went to the boss lol
http://www.youtube.com/user/richieMW

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Bubbles_Barker said:
Biped said:
Simply describing the Nazis, and the SS in particular, as 'some unpleasant historical thing' is extraordinary from someone who links to the RBL on his website.

Members of HM Armed Forces flying SS flags isn't acceptable in my book, or I should think, any CO or OC in the Forces. What next? How about flying the Irish tricolour over every Airborne barracks on the anniversary of Warrenpoint?

No, didn't think so. :x
I think you missed the irony. If I thought I was going to get shot down in flames about some young lads in the armed forces showing the insignia of a German tank division, I'd not have made the effort.

As far as I am aware, showing the Naxi flag is prohibited, but I don't think that extends to the insignias of the military units that fought in the war.

In case you hadn't been watching, there were a bunch of Germans at the latest D-Day remembrance events and they even provided the band for our veterans to march to!!

Navel-gazing and personal anguish, in your own time, go on.

I'm suprised our government hasn't ordered the flying of the Hammer and Sickle from our vehicles.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
polar Royal Signals 4
PartTimePongo Current Affairs, News and Analysis 10
OldSnowy The Training Wing 18