Nazi costume councillor suspended

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PoisonDwarf, Feb 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/wales/7914660.stm

[​IMG]

What the hell is going on? The comedy Allo Allo quite specifically centred around the Gestapo and the Resistance. Why would anyone be shocked that someone turned up at an Allo Allo themed-party dressed as one of the central characters? Presumably all fancy dress shops will be boycotted for having Nazi constumes, Freddie Starr, John Cleese and Harry Enfield will be prosecuted for insensitive portrayals of nasty Germans and the programme Allo Allo will be banned from the airwaves? It's like having a Vicars and Nuns theme then calling a jihad because it had an anti-Islamic theme.

2. FFS what are these people on, its a party and a bit of fun.

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Doesn't look like a nazi uniform to me - I don't see any 'SS' symbols or death's heads. Could be a load of old touchy-feely, hand wringing, navel-gazing, politically cretinous bollarks - though I could be wrong.

4. 'Allo 'Allo took the p1ss out of everyone more or less equally, including the British airmen.

The Gestapo were caricatured differently from the German army.

The Italian was only there so that the p1ss could be taken out of him.

Everyone was depicted as a hilarious buffoon and no harm was done or intended.

If this bloke wanted to replay the fun then so what!!

But then there are certain people who just live to be outraged :)

5. I wonder if we get a rehash of the the weekend reenactors documentary come the next war and peace show at this rate...

I'm going to have to second Ulster_Rifleman, if you're attending an Allo Allo themed party then you're well within your rights to don grey tunic and jackboots and have a bit of a laugh being the most stylishly dressed person there, make the uniform 100% historically accurate however and then yeah its a little over the top.

6. The late Bernard Hepton, who played the part of the Commondant in the tv series "Colditz" remarked that his whole personality changed when he put on his German uniform. He didn't like it very much. You have to admit though, they did look very smart during the last difference of opinion we had with Gerry. :D

7. Councillore David Deere (Conservative) needs a fecking sense of humour injection, dry bumming and told to burgger off!

MIke Aspey (Lib Dem) needs to feck off as well.

A pair of ******* who have no sense of humour.

Sven, Ashie - see you CAN criticise people.

Wonder if there are any piccies of sluts dressed up in short skirts, fishnet stockings etc?

8. You don't suppose he hired this uniform do you? He hasn't even got a Wound Badge up. 8)

Stop being so precious :D

9. Suspending this councillor in the name of political correctness is more akin to fascism than wearing a costume at a TV show themed party by my reckoning.

Telling people what they can or cannot wear at there own private functions is something I would expect from a totalitarian regime, not a town council.

POL the outrage bus (Do we have an open topped Mercedes type in feld-grau!)

10. I once got a laugh out of a Jewish film director whilst dressed as Adolf Hitler so I do think they are over reacting somewhat.

11. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Nazi storm-trooper? Must be my eyes, I could have sworn he was dressed as a Wehrmacht Staff Officer (General?) complete with Iron Cross second class according to the ribbon.

Add in the monocle and he's clearly going for Lieutenant Gruber. If this is a private themed party, I really don't see the issue here. As the bloke said, it's not like he was goose-stepping down the High St giving Nazi salutes :roll:

12. Its an Allo Allo party, and thats the uniform of a German General, a Major General I think.

Oh, so all Germans are Nazis?

What a load of bollocks.

13. Were they fück!

14. Welcome to the 'PC World'. This crime was invented due to the Press hounding Price Harry for wearing a similar garb some years ago. Notwithstanding the fact that British media comedy has loved this image for nearly 50 years; Dad's Army, 'Allo 'Allo, Marty Feldmans football comentary, the Two Ronnies etc, etc it is now a crime ranked greater than raping your own children. No one seems to wonder why it is you can hire these costumes in most towns in UK and why we love taking the p1ss out of our European neighbours.

15. daz

daz LE

Sean’s my local ward councilor, and if he’d stuck these jokes that he’d allegedly made on facebook in their local rag, and sent me an invite to the piss up in the Rose and Crown I might have voted for him.

But since he kept quiet, might I suggest he relocates to Island Farm till the fuss blows over – after all, he’s got the uniform for it :wink: