Nazi Anthem played for Germany's gold medal winners.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by AIR FILTER, Aug 22, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Don't mention the War!

2. A terrible diplomatic gaffe, which is an insult to all those who suffered under the Nazi regime...

...now onto the heart of the matter, get this thread into the NAAFI and discuss: Anne Knorr and Debora Nich - which order would you do them in?

[​IMG]

3. I expected to hear the Horst-Wessel-Lied . At least it has decent tune you can hum and march to!

• Like Like x 2
  4. Story about nothing... the Germans can be as PC as they like, but if you're going to have a national anthem at all, it might as well say, in essence, 'I am defined by my nationality' which is all the words will bear in any case. If it was 'Germany over everyone else' then there might be some point to the prohibition.

In any case, the Nazis also ate a lot of soup, I bet. Shall we ban soup?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Don't tell 'em your name Pike.

6. Pffft. **** 'em if they can't take a joke.

7. Anne Knorr - Teasing strumpet :nod:

This says . . "I vant it up ze wrong ein, mein Herr!"

228411_192840747428280_100001070675294_513144_2112688_n.jpg

8. Jawohl, I concur!

9. Frankly, only over-sensitive boxheads and people with a dodgy understanding of German can get their lederhosen in a twist about this verse. "Deutschland, Deutschland über alles" was penned as a plea for German unity, before the country officially existed. It roughly translates as "Germany above everything" and certainly not as "Germany over everyone else," which is how it has often been misinterpreted since.

Wouldn't bother me if they reintroduced the old first verse, but it would very much bother every single German I know -- and I know lots, being married to one!

10. Tomorrow Belongs to Me is a much better song anyway.:twisted:

11. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Both, together, with obligatory clam-jousting.

Have I forgotten to add anything?

12. Actually, I was imagining Debora, dressed as Eva Braun, and giving it: "Ja, Ja, mein Führer, du kanst mein Sudetenland Überfallen!"

• Like Like x 1