Navy's first female flier to 3,000 hours

Discussion in 'MoD News' started by MoD_RSS, Oct 30, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. I can't think how many hours I've flown on decent airlines.

3. Bet she still can't parallel park.

4. Either the cuts have gone further than any of us knew or the MoD really need a proof reader.

• Like Like x 1
  5. The poor bastard's probably got his mother-in-law in the back giving him an earful too.

6. "Lt Cdr Burbidge's achievement comes on the back of recent successful anti-piracy and anti-drugs operations in the Middle East and the Indian Ocean, where her squadron's Merlin helicopter was based onboard HMS Westminster. "

Have they just got one then?

She must have got a lot of sunbathing in during maintenance downtime...

Rodney2q

7. Fronm the article: "Lieutenant Commander X is the first woman in the Fleet Air Arm to hit this target"

OJAR (1RO): Yes, I set this challenging objective at the start of the reporting year and 'X' has moved heaven and earth to achieve it, bumping people off flight rosters, getting people suspended from flying duties on the basis of inappropriate behaviour, and generally being a damned good egg. I now intend to set her a further stretch target and will be interested to see how she navigates through potentially choppy waters in order to achieve it.

8. Is an Observer technically a flier?

9. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

Opinion is divided. Some say that Observers are just ballast. Some say that the more intelligent in the flight stream go Observer and the (slightly) thicker ones go Pilot and are therefore just another flight control in the hands of an Observer. Some, and I am one of them, say that they may go up tiddly up up but they're still gits.

• Like Like x 1
  10. She's lucky to be flying - the RAF have binned Navigators/Weapon System Officers and the existing cadre are running down quite quickly.

11. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

The Observer is the brighter of the two in the helicopter and get to do the important stuff of fighting the battle.

Pilots are nothing more than stick monkeys.

No I am not a WAFU.

• Like Like x 1
  12. As a former Aircrewman (Observer) I couldn't agree more. It was fun being a Lance Jack directing commissioned stick-monkeys.

13. 3000 hours eh, her boots must be swilling about full of piss by now then!

14. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

With the exception of the SHAR jockeys who were, although it pains me to say it, a right clever bunch of scruffy, stuck-up drunks.