Navy - well 'ard

Truth is, we've been inadequately manned for decades. Whenever attending tri-service meetings the Army usually rocks up with a procession headed by acolytes swinging incense, a Corps of drums and an acrobat troupe cartwheeling into the venue producing an illuminated parchnent OpOrder held aloft by a slack-handful of Colonels.

The Navy just sends an AB with the unit monthly stationery demand scrawled on the back of a crushed fag packet.

Truth is, we've been inadequately manned for decades.
Ah, but 1SL just went on record as saying your manning woes were all in the rear view mirror! Personally, I’m a tad dubious!

Otherwise, I agree with everything you say.

Regards,
MM

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Truth is, we've been inadequately manned for decades. Whenever attending tri-service meetings the Army usually rocks up with a procession headed by acolytes swinging incense, a Corps of drums and an acrobat troupe cartwheeling into the venue producing an illuminated parchnent OpOrder held aloft by a slack-handful of Colonels.

The Navy just sends an AB with the unit monthly stationery demand scrawled on the back of a crushed fag packet.
That's because your senior officers look like this:

1552980062547.png

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Bloody hell! Do you think it'll do something amusing if you offer it a banana?
I think it already has, probably involving diversity.

I doubt this individual would be very impressed:

1552980960236.png

I was thinking something more in character, like sticking a finger up its mudbox then fainting after sniffing it.

If it was a competition for largest amount of useless paperwork, Army would win by miles tons

The reason that thy have all those people is to carry papers between offices.

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
I was thinking something more in character, like sticking a finger up its mudbox then fainting after sniffing it.
It's hard to think how diversity could be better celebrated.

Navy hardest working. well all I can say is "if they did it right the first time they wouldn't need to do it again." Sending a ship out on patrol twice is just proving the job wasn't done properly the first time.:)