Navy warships dispatched as Spain invades seas around Gib

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by sunami, May 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Oh good, I rather fancy a short holiday in Spain - well if we have enough troops to secure the Rock.
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Yet again a mastery of understatement from King Charles Street.

Another Hispanophonic country raises its head and the response from the FO is

3. it's a bloody good job we have maintain a strong naval force, or things could be looking very shaky for gib right now. <cough>
  4. Won't be long before the FO signs it back to Spain anyway,just to prove we are 'good Europeans',with Treasury backing,of course.
  5. Just put my battledress in for dry cleaning. Were all going on a summer holiday....not.

Someone may be taking advantage of our committments me thinks. I've just done my token protest by putting my chorizo sausages in the bin. There that will teach them. That's probably more than than the government may do.

Edited to add scorn.
  6. So who will run away/surrender first?
  7. This is why those fcuksticks in parliment shoud get a grip, sack those who need sacking and pay back what needs to be paid back, and then get on with governing hte country.

Otherwise every tinpot muppet with an axe to grind will be trying to take us on........

That and rebuilding the Armed Forces again, so this sort of caper doesn't enter silly foreigners heads.

The hyenas only get brave when the Lion looks old and frail.
  8. I think the RM need to do a beach landing 'accidentally' !!

9. aye thats what we need. get the display team to demonstrate a bit of naked roll matt fighting and they'll be running scarred in no time.

i think we should cut out the middle man, take mainland spain and use it as a foothold in europe to destroy everything in france but the cheap booze.
  10. Yup, a couple of thousand strong with a dozen or so warships in support should do the trick. Do we have enough left?

This is what happens when you have a weak government consumed with its own importance. It gives the likes of the Spaniards big ideas.
    Still, it would give Gordon the oppurtunity to look big and hard should something develop won't it?
  11. Not featured on the news??????
  12. I believe they did exactly that a while ago to secure the Rock in the first place-a quick call to their Commandant General should fix things-how about it ,Sir?Oh,and please send someone on a MAPRIC course first... :roll: