Navy Walt on New Tricks

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by jcm649, Jul 31, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watching New Tricks on telly last night, couldn't help but notice this Navy Chap, not sure if their "Advisor" on all things military was on a Naafi break or what:
  2. Nice rank slide!
  3. Oh dear, I take it his batman didn't help him dress then.
  4. 'Tubby' Bob Stewart?
  5. The BBC have been on a downward spiral since John Noakes left to found Combat 18 and they started letting people with regional accents appear on Blue Peter.

I've seen rank insignia on the wrong way round before but having one on upside down is a new experience.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. He's obviously Australian Navy.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Pathetic. Even I caught the screwup.

Disciplinary action for the Wardrobe Department.
  8. Even more disturbing than incorrect insignia is the fact that you're watching 'New Tricks', do you have a blue rinse?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. He owes some fucker a crate!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  10. Depends if I can find one that is drunk enough at the RBL bar on a Saturday night.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Calm down kids, he's obviously just fallen victim to another lower deck prankster. It's very common to flip people's rank slides upside down if they leave their shirt/jacket/ovies loafing.

It's also common to find penis's drawn on the inside of your cap.

Anyway, I was in the Dove in Hammersmith last year and they were filming New Tricks in the warehouse across the road, imagine my amazement when the main cast members came and sat at the table next to us and had lunch.

Unfortunately I was hammered and I'm not sure my constant whispering of "Write the feeem tune, play the feeem tune" went down well.
    • Like Like x 7
  12. I have no idea who the BBC wardrobe person was on new tricks but they want a bomb up their arse for this TFU. Just spoilt the whole plot for me and they were doing so well up till then!
    I particularly liked the RAF W.O. waiting for Denis Waterman to exit the building he looked the part!
  13. Complete with SWOs cane, I have a feeling he was the real thing.
  14. First thing I thought when I saw that pic. Bet one of his mess mates flipped the slide, a bit like knotting jacket sleeves, or adding rocks in a blokes bergan.

Ohhh what a delightful wheeze, such hilarious japes.