Navy transfer to Army

Morning,

I'm Currently in the Navy and been in 6 years, I have my transfer request in to the Army hoping to go RE. I have been told it could be months before I get either a yes or no from the Navy. I was wondering would anyone know what I'd be likely to face e.g. doing Army phase 1 or a conversion course etc.....? if anyone could shed some light on this that would be greatly appreciated and can start prepping.

Morning,

I'm Currently in the Navy and been in 6 years, I have my transfer request in to the Army hoping to go RE. I have been told it could be months before I get either a yes or no from the Navy. I was wondering would anyone know what I'd be likely to face e.g. doing Army phase 1 or a conversion course etc.....? if anyone could shed some light on this that would be greatly appreciated and can start prepping.
As you are not a soldier I expect you will have to do basic training, without the firefighting element

The army shedding 10,000, reforming to rapid almost special forces and advanced warfare techniques and you want to risk early redundancy by leaving a cushy job in the Andrew? Blimey! You're brave. :cool:

The army shedding 10,000, reforming to rapid almost special forces and advanced warfare techniques and you want to risk early redundancy by leaving a cushy job in the Andrew? Blimey! You're brave. :cool:
Not getting rid, the army is undermanned by that amount, Army no longer undermanned

Are you mental?
Ships are warm, you have a galley serving hot food etc etc.

Or you can sit in a hole on SPTA, eating cold rations in the rain. Tired, covered in shit being buggered about from pillar to post.

Personally, in your position I'd stay in the navy

ETA. @Ravers. You've done both, give the lad a heads up.

964ST

War Hero
I can understand wanting to transfer (Flared trousers are not everyone’s bag). But seriously you have to bear in mind the implications involved, like promotion prospects (better in the Army) and knowing that in the Army you cannot go Water-skiing every day.

Issi

LE
Silly question, but is there not another role in the Navy that you could do?

A colleague at work is both ex Army and ex Navy, Army first. He told me that he had to complete training at Raleigh, so it is logical to assume the same for a transfer/re join the other way. He also said that compared to Pirbright, Raleigh was a holiday camp.

BobbHope

War Hero
Are you mental?
Ships are warm, you have a galley serving hot food etc etc.

Or you can sit in a hole on SPTA, eating cold rations in the rain. Tired, covered in shit being buggered about from pillar to post.

Personally, in your position I'd stay in the navy

ETA. @Ravers. You've done both, give the lad a heads up.

I'll have you know that there is a fair bit of being buggered about from pillar to post in the RN. ….. erm .. no wait.

Latest Threads