Navy "..too small.." says Defence Minister

Thank you for your honest feedback. Would you say that most NATO members don't count on the US to help out much these days?? Not trying to pick a fight but it would be interesting to know.
I would say that US credibility is being eroded by the Trump administration at a number of levels.

Regards,
MM

No shit...

You mean 2 Carriers, 6 Destroyers, and 13 frigates with 7 SSN’s are not enough?? Of which all are not going to ready for any sort of ops.

You only have NATO commitments, this desire to play in the Pacific and, the Gulf now hotting up...
Do tell?

I would say that US credibility is being eroded by the Trump administration at a number of levels.

Regards,
MM
I think the erosion started under Shrub & accelerated under Obumble. What we now see is similar to the sh*t sammich handed to Reagan in 1980.

I think the erosion started under Shrub & accelerated under Obumble. What we now see is similar to the sh*t sammich handed to Reagan in 1980.
However, whether you agreed with their policies or not, the Bush and particularly Obama administrations were predictable, coherent and consulted their allies.

Trump is none of those and his persistent reactionary and odious behaviour - often via tweet - is as embarrassing as it is dangerous. It demeans the office of the President of the United States.

Regards,
MM

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
However, whether you agreed with their policies or not, the Bush and particularly Obama administrations were predictable, coherent and consulted their allies.

Trump is none of those and his persistent reactionary and odious behaviour - often via tweet - is as embarrassing as it is dangerous. It demeans the office of the President of the United States.

Regards,
MM
I'd have gone with 'impetuous'.

And the Red Arrows. Don't forget the Red Arrows.
Do the Army still have those bloody motorcycle team equivalent of the Red Arrows who used to be on Blue Peter when it was OK to touch kids? They could give them the chop.

I assume the Navy has a water skiing equivalent that can get chopped too?

When has the Air Force ever won a war?
Depends on how you define won, a war, its a series of Battles right?

WW2 Battle of Britain was, as an Island Nation, the equivalent to something no land forces did against the Germans in WW2.

So being as though no-one can put troops on our shores without the sea or sky, its a different story.

Do the Army still have those bloody motorcycle team equivalent of the Red Arrows who used to be on Blue Peter when it was OK to touch kids? They could give them the chop.

The royal signals white helmet motorcycle display team, were dis-banded in 2017.

Regards,
MM
You are Sir Kim Darroch and I claims my fiver! :)

Born to privilege without checks and balances. I wonder how many of us would have ended up the same in the same circumstances.

One main difference, the British mind-set has been tempered by a 1000 years of loyalty to the crown, and the old mantra of " Noblesse oblige" something that the septic's have yet to embrace.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
One main difference, the British mind-set has been tempered by a 1000 years of loyalty to the crown, and the old mantra of " Noblesse oblige" something that the septic's have yet to embrace.
Precisely the distinction I would make, too. Hence my point about checks and balances - Noblesse Oblige implies or even imposes a sense of duty which the hedonistic delight of being gifted billions of dollars doesn't.

Our royals in particular have a sense of serving their people. I suspect that Trump sees the Presidency as just another bauble to be bought. And he's proven that that's so.

If, sirrah, you're referring to the beloved (and now extinct) White Helmets, I shall you see in time for grass for breakfast.

Yokel

LE
Born to privilege without checks and balances. I wonder how many of us would have ended up the same in the same circumstances.
That is insane. The man is a genius - that is what he tells us. Next your belling saying the Magna Carta was an important part of the development of Western political and legal systems, along with the teachings of Christ (and other religious figures) which introduced ideas such as being accountable to something bigger than yourself or that everyone has rights and responsibilities, or the Scientific method and allowing ideas to be tested, and lessons to be learnt from experience.

Crazy!

Latest Threads