Navy Seize £240m Worth Of Coke.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Ritch, Sep 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Royal Navy In Record £240m Cocaine Bust
    12:06am UK, Monday September 28, 2009

The Royal Navy has made its largest ever seizure of cocaine with a haul worth more than £240m, it can be revealed.

HMS Iron Duke seized more than five and a half tonnes of the drug in an operation off the coast of South America.
    Clicky

Bet someone is crying theirself to sleep.

2. Probably not.Whilst this load was found,how much more gets through?

3. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Loverly job. Rather than crying themselves to sleep - I wonder if someone's going to be sleeping with the fishies . . .

4. cpunk

cpunk LE Moderator

That's a lot of soft drinks.

5. "With a street value of £240 million" which is once its been cut and bagged down to 5% cocaine, so how much was the actual value of drugs seized as in purchase cost to the cartel ?

6. I hope they also confiscated the smuggler's Ipods.

7. It'll all end in tears.

8. If I were the crew of the Iron Duke, I'd keep very quiet about it - £250 Million buys a lot of p!ssed off people, and they are not known for forgiveness.

9. Couldn't the govt sell it on?

Maybe they will,Gordon is on medication, remember the scene in Scarface with Al Pacino?

10. "The crews then sank the smugglers' boat with gun fire"

Bet that was fun!

11. Why? you think the drug smugglers boss will break out the outrage bus and pop a cap in the Captains ass!

12. CH5120 - Stranger things have happened, what better way to make sure the security forces 'look the other way' than intimidating crews or their families.

However, the flip side to the coin is that if coke wasn't seen to be a 'fashionable' drug in certain well heeled circles, there would be no need to produce so much and the trade would wither on the vine. The US spends Billions trying to stop the production and trade of coke while it is a 'must have' item in many society parties - on both sides of the pond.

13. So that's the third lot captured during the deployment?

Good to see positive comments, as opposed to the nagative comments about it being a drop in the ocean on this thread, even when the drugs captured East of Suex have been proven to be linked to the Taliban....

14. Certainly looks like fun!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8277919.stm

Can't understand why they didn't put a prize crew on it and sell it on, looked quite tidy.

15. You and I know they don't bash it down quite that much.

Several tonnes is certainly a notable seizure. Not really because of the amount but because of the links that any offenders/forensic evidence will have to locating further hauls.

Stand by for a couple of similar results soon if the investigation is well managed!