Navy screws up again

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
two things stuck me - the navy have wimmin now and some are allowed to steer the ship - it was during a reverse park - coincidence?

probably distracted by their i-players or not paying attention listening to equality and race briefing.

Senior service, ha!
Grey funnel lines , we love 'em, every time there's a war they take us (if they don't crash first)

Looks tantamount to a 'cold move' with civilian tug under positive control of civilian pilot on board warship. Not usually a problem unless pilot unfamiliar with handling characteristics of warship. Not much the warship could have done other than vetoing the pilot's orders, ordering him/her off the bridge and chopping the towing hawser but probably too late by then. :sad:

Gun is a good pub - lots of copies of janes fighting ships out back.
Easy to mock, but moving 4200 tonnes of ship in a confined space isnt that easy - if it was we'd give the job over to the army or raf. :)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Gun is a good pub - lots of copies of janes fighting ships out back.
Easy to mock, but moving 4200 tonnes of ship in a confined space isnt that easy - if it was we'd give the job over to the army or raf. :)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I have been known to go there on a quiet evening and sit next to the fire place in the back while thumbing an old dog eared Jane's (70s?) - man the index for all the RN entries was huge! Does put into perspective how much RN has shrunk, at least pure numbers wise.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
At least Lt Phillips wasn't navigating and Thunderguts wasn't watching. Still we could rename her Troutbridge. But I've seen worse in me time on the Thames.
left hand down a bit might have helped matters.

Hardly the navy's fault as the ship was under tow at the time. Chris Mills the blog Poster looks like a right anti-military lentil-eating knob though!