Navy screws up again

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by thinkblue, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Pilot/Tug skipper errors. There but for the grace of Bob etc - (but the Captain and OOW are buggered regardless.)

2. OOPS!Who's for a hat on,no coffee,standing up interview now?

3. No taking the piss out of the senior service, but it is funny!!!

4. Nae reversing mirrors on these ships.Must have been a wummin driver.

5. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

two things stuck me - the navy have wimmin now and some are allowed to steer the ship - it was during a reverse park - coincidence?

• Like Like x 2
  6. probably distracted by their i-players or not paying attention listening to equality and race briefing.

Senior service, ha!
    Grey funnel lines , we love 'em, every time there's a war they take us (if they don't crash first)

7. At least Lt Phillips wasn't navigating and Thunderguts wasn't watching. Still we could rename her Troutbridge. But I've seen worse in me time on the Thames.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Were's there's blame there's a claim. To my untrained eye that tug was pulling way too fast.

9. Looks tantamount to a 'cold move' with civilian tug under positive control of civilian pilot on board warship. Not usually a problem unless pilot unfamiliar with handling characteristics of warship. Not much the warship could have done other than vetoing the pilot's orders, ordering him/her off the bridge and chopping the towing hawser but probably too late by then. :sad:

• Like Like x 3
  10. Gun is a good pub - lots of copies of janes fighting ships out back.
    Easy to mock, but moving 4200 tonnes of ship in a confined space isnt that easy - if it was we'd give the job over to the army or raf. :)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

• Like Like x 2
  11. From wiki:

HMS Lancaster (F229) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:)

• Like Like x 1
  12. I have been known to go there on a quiet evening and sit next to the fire place in the back while thumbing an old dog eared Jane's (70s?) - man the index for all the RN entries was huge! Does put into perspective how much RN has shrunk, at least pure numbers wise.

13. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

left hand down a bit might have helped matters.