Navy saves the day as usual

danny842003 said:
http://www.navynews.co.uk/view-story.aspx?articleID=367

Royal navy saves the day........
I thought it was a RM landing craft?

LCVP Mk5 is a booty boat not shown on Army web site

P

PrinceAlbert

Someone from the RNLI posted a link to it a few weeks back - or has it happened again?

tropper66 said:
They are also operated by RLC, as this one was.

tropper66 said:
As I said on the previous thread about this, this extract from the Southern Daily Echo website sort of gives it away: (link):

...Two of the crew members, who are based at 17 Port and Maritime Regiment at Marchwood, Hampshire, were airlifted to Poole while a third member remained with the craft, a Coastguard spokesman said... He added that the 17 Port and Maritime Regiment had been informed.

Dunservin said:
tropper66 said:
As I said on the previous thread about this, this extract from the Southern Daily Echo website sort of gives it away: (link):

...Two of the crew members, who are based at 17 Port and Maritime Regiment at Marchwood, Hampshire, were airlifted to Poole while a third member remained with the craft, a Coastguard spokesman said... He added that the 17 Port and Maritime Regiment had been informed.
You'll have to excuse "tropper66" he thinks he knows everything. Did you know he was shot in the head............by his own mates. Go figure. :lol:

sandmanfez said:
Dunservin said:
tropper66 said:

You'll have to excuse "tropper66" he thinks he knows everything. Did you know he was shot in the head............by his own mates. Go figure. :lol:
no, just been around a lot longer than you wonk

tropper66 said:
Really? You're 57, give or take. How old am I?

sandmanfez said:
tropper66 said:
Really? You're 57, give or take. How old am I?
dont know dont care

tropper66 said:
dont know dont care
Exactamundo gramps.
Actually, you're right, you have been around a lot longer than me, but you were just winging it you cheeky old bluffer.

sandmanfez said:
tropper66 said:
dont know dont care
Exactamundo gramps.
Actually, you're right, you have been around a lot longer than me, but you were just winging it you cheeky old bluffer.
I have lived as the Chinese curse go's " In Interesting Times "

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Someone pse add to thread title 'as usual'.