NAVY Rumour Service?!

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by DozyBint, Jul 14, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. OK - why is ARRSE showing as Navy Rumour Service on my bottom 'open applications' bar?! :?

2. I thought it was just me...weird

3. Not showing on mine. Have we been boarded?

4. Oh damn! You beat me to it! Well at least I know its not only me then!

5. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Sorry - my cock up. I'm testing database changes, and it's the first thing that popped in to my head.

6. Now you know it works! :)

7. I thought Berni was staging a coup!

8. Issues you want to share with us GCO? :wink:

9. Thank god for that thought we would have to repel all boarders

10. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Issues, yes I suppose. We (that's the CO's - I haven't taken to using the Royal we quite yet) were wondering if we could make a separate Navy site, but with some boards shared - so current affairs, charity, finance and so on would become 'purple' and be seen on both ARRSE and a sister Navy board. A complete Dark Blue ARRSE would be installed as www.some-salty-name.com, and be totally separate appart from that and I think you'd automatically be a member of both if you joined.

No great secret - gut reaction anyone? I can't see any negative side for ARRSE - quite the opposite in fact, and I notice our RN users have come out of the er.. locker lately anyway.

It may not be tecnically feasible of course, so don't hold your breath.

Navy folk, it would need one of you to run it of course. We wouldn't try to do any more than me the providers, otherwise no-one would use it I think.

11. J_D

J_D LE

In time my fellow counterparts will be coming! In time my friend, in time!

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Umm, how about a name reflecting one of those things for which the RN is famous?

Oh sorry, ARRSE is already taken :)

13. PIRATES!!!!!!

Gay ones........run away!!!!!!!!!

14. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

Your bottom open applications ?

Do we have to apply in writing or is this a form we must fill in ?

15. Any chance the group memberships module can be used? What I'm thinking could happen is if you register from arrse.co.uk or arrse.com you could automtically added the army group, and likewise for a RN or RAF url (that should be a minor software change to the registration process).

If your not a member of a group, when you go into Forums - those not belonging your group aren't displayed. The purple forums wouldn't belong to any group - so visible to all. Each different site could use its own theme

The main forum block in the 'site index' may be a pain to recode thou.