Navy roles in the Marines???

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by grewy32, Dec 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can anyone tell me if Weapons engineer or mechanical engineer are good roles to do if you want to serve with the Marines? Obviously I would try AACC as I would want the green beret.
  2. Yes they are, but maybe not. Why dont you just join the Royal Marines if you want to wear a green beret, or the AGC?
  3. I'm 33 so to old to join straight into Marines what is AGC?
  4. Their selection is stationary!
  5. At the top of this page is a menu bar, right next door to arrse you will find a button which will amazingly take you through a magical portal to where homo's and choppers reside, yes that's the one NAVY NET. Try asking there, this is or last time I checked an Army site. We don't care much for those that float about or who continue to wear short sleeve order in the middle of winter. Be a good boy and **** off.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Lol System-switch.... you are of course correct. But you are also the only person who has been negative to any question I have asked about the Marines on here! Therefore you are the minority at the moment. If my questions upset more than just you I shall **** OFF through the magic portal, until then how about you be a good boy and **** OFF out of my thread. Many thanks.
  7. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

There are a very small amount of MEs who maintain the RM's landing craft on HMS Bulwark and Albion.

That's it.

As a WE the only time you'll interact with booties is when you are being beaten up by them in various Plymouth nightclubs.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. What do you mean?
  9. You've little to no chance of getting on All arms within the Corps even the RN that support the Corps get few places, they are usually the MA's.
  10. It's a joke, you dullard; Google AGC to see why. You have already been told that MAs are in demand, but curiously the RNs equivalent of the AGC is also a good way to get into FPG.
  11. HHH

HHH LE

Someone got out of the wrong side of the bed ! :nod:
  12. As a weapon engineer type your best bet is to go to P Sqn to do the force protection stuff. Its getting taken very seriously and they do lots of infantry stuff, i see them soon being taken seriously to be able to send the more keen blokes to do AACC. But then they may not be flavour of the month any longer by the time you join and go through phase 1/2/3...
  13. I thought it was range-qualified guys they were after, which would be some considerable time away for a new-entrant.
  14. Its people in general they are after. Plus they can be very picky these days and only want keen people, as apposed to it first starting out and being drafty sending the dross of the decommisioning ships.
  15. To be honest there are not many Navy types on the AACC, and even fewer pass - as the Navy doesn't really prepare one for field conditions!