Navy/RAF paying for the Army

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bad_Crow, Oct 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen a report on the news suggesting that The Navy and RAF are expected to take bigger budget cuts to allow the Army to have a breather on this one and actually have a bit more money thrown at us.

Thoughts?

2. Sources would be handy,i dont doubt it though.Standby for the RAF dropping pavement-slabs instead of paveway's.

3. Stand by. My computer knowledge is dim and i watched it on BBC24.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/7035746.stm

Thats all i can find which doesn't say anything yet. However the git on the news implied that the small print would show cuts in spending for the RAF and the Navy. Does this mean no Ipod chargers?

4. [. Does this mean no Ipod chargers?[/quote]

No they will have to keep the model they have and procure more as theunit cost comes down then give them to us next year as the rearm...

naturally the older models given to prisoners, shirt lifters, peados and the plod will come our way as they are out of fashion and its against their umin rights to have such old kit, - especaily as the sop teaching them how to stand at a pond and watch children drown may need updating to say :

ensure you stand 10 metres from the edge in case your feet become sodden, be at all times aware a speed camera may need filling up.
    ensure your time sheet is accuratelly filled in etc....................
    yours
    Donkey

5. :lol: Are the R.A.F going to be dropping leaflets to help their cause? :lol: :lol: