Navy needs extra £1bn - Admiral Band

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spuncan, Feb 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. why not do what they did with the schools and get rich Business men to invest his pennies

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That's his career over unless he is about to retire anyway!

3. Who wouldn't be proud to serve on HMS Virgin Mermaid, or her sister ships Virgin Dolphin, Virgin Porpoise and Virgin Cola?

4. How about issusing letters of marque again that would bring in a few pennies :viking:

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

How about scrapping trident and Typhoon and buying some boats and helos?

6. or maybe the american will do what they are doing with the football clubs...
    "HMS uss bush"... or "HMS microsoft"... "HMS B--E--C--K thats it david almost there --H--A--M"

7. The 28th new boat in a decade is delivered, abliet overbudget, behind time and into a capability role no longer required...

[​IMG]

8. Because unfortunately we signed the Declaration of Paris 1856, an annex of the Treaty of Paris 1856 that ended the Crimean War, which means we can't issue Letters of Marque and Reprisal any more. Which is a shame. Although possibly not, knowing that Brown is about to take over I wouldn't put it past him to try and privatise or Public-Private Partnership the Navy out of existence.

9. Thanks for that guess prize money went the same way .

10. Although to be honest I don't know what or who if anything that stands in the way of our simply announcing that we were pulling out of the Declaration and were starting to issue them again. IIRC didn't the US say a little while back they were considering junking a treaty they'd signed a few decades back with the USSR about weaponising space?

11. Worked out his pension isn't full yet probably

About time even more of them showed their minerals and put it plainly and openly to the government that more money = armed forces that work. CGS did his bit, time for the rest to jump on board.

12. I think spuncan kind of beat you to the punch on that one. ;) That said, yeah it does look like he got leaned on the moment he got out of the briefing.

13. and subsequent posts.

As far as I can tell, 1SL is denying asking for £1billion per annum.