Navy medics in major exercise at sea

Discussion in 'Royal Navy' started by MoD_RSS, Mar 19, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

2. Particularly liked the line "Using skills honed in Iraq", what would that be then? Ah yes I remember, RFA Argos did shag all apart from take some injured Iraqi civis from 202 Fd Hosp as they had reached capacity only to send them back after week as they had to sail off into the sunset for a "re-fit" back in Blightly. Which was kind of odd given that she'd just finished a re-fit before deploying. An utter waste of space.

3. Bouillabaisse

Bouillabaisse LE Book Reviewer

I think they're talking about the medical staff. Odd as it may seem, they're not permanently incarcerated in Argus and move about a bit. Hence the RN medical teams have deployed ashore in Iraq and Afghanistan and have lots of experience.

Not sure why this is news though.

4. As its From the MOD RSS you can pretty much guarantee it isnt news...

5. Good point, to clarify I've no issues with the clinical skills of the RN medics and nurses etc but as a medical asset on Telic 1, RFA Argos was a waste of space.

6. Non- news: I did Op Med(ical) Endevour on ARGUS (not ARGOS gents- its a ship, not a shop) back in 2010. We left Portsmouth in Procedure Alpha (Everyone in Best kit lining the sides of the ship) Royal Marines Band (who double as stretcher bearers / medics) marching around the flight deck playing jolly tunes, and then we went straight to Portland Harbour after one night and spent the rest of the fortnight exercise at anchor while the nurses played at part time sailors- Wrens with 12 years service and it was their first time at sea (always in Afghan or Derriford). Some of the QARNNS were sea sick at anchor / before we left the wall in Portsmouth, let alone when we were sailing. The Padre onboard was gutted- he'd been told that Med Endevour meant the Mediterrainean not Medical!

7. I guess that means my £10 ARGOS voucher wouldn't be accepted on board RFA ARGUS.