Navy Medic gets the MC

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by MikeMcc, Nov 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm surprised that there doesn't seem to be a thread on this already. Good drills from the lass concerned. I know we like to take the mickey out of the boys and girls in dark blue, but this one has certainly done them proud.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/devon/8382575.stm

2. Awesome.

3. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

A very brave young lady and a credit to the Navy.

4. Well done to this young lady ,The navy must be so proud of her .

5. Well done that Matelot

6. Balls of steel. Well done.

7. Must admit, I saw her on Aunty Beeb this mroning and thought "Balls of steel, but she looks like a bag of shite". I guess good drill techniques aren't needed to get MC's.

8. Good Drills! she has done the Senior Service Proud...

Nice One and Well Done...

And she is from Plymouth - Good Girl :wink:

9. You c0ck.

Well done to her.

10. Well done that girl. If I met her, she could buy me a drink! :D

11. seconded :compress:

12. What a lass, eh? Absolutely marvellous drills on her part with no thought for her own safety. Very impressive indeed and well done to her for an award she thoroughly deserves.

I do wonder why she's called an "Able Seaman" though. Once Harriet Hard-one gets wind of that, she'll be pushing to change the rank to "Able Seaperson", I bet.

MsG

13. Suppose not as far as dress is concerned, however, she was obviously a brave lass doing her Service proud.

14. WTF is wrong with her dress, apart from the obvious wrinkles caused by trying to fit a woman into square rig?

She carries on a fine tradition of heroic medics in the armed forces. IIRC one of only a handful of people to be awarded the Victoria Cross twice was an army doctor who served during WW1.

More bizarrely, I do believe the only person in history to hold the Iron Cross and the Victoria Cross at the same time was a medic.