Navy Blue Blazer

Discussion in 'Seniors' started by PapaGolf, Jan 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone know the best place to get a blazer from? Cheers
  2. Marks and Sparks do a good blazer
  3. Slaters in Saint Marys street Cardiff £80 double breasted, buttons £30 from Regt shop
  4. Greenwoods if there is one near you .Or a military outfitter
  5. somebody once said to me, the only people who wear blue blazers are "retired policemen, PE teachers and Prince charles; as an item of clothing they are devoid of any style or charm" I tend to agree...and don't own one, so sorry can't help, but M&S is normally a good bet!
  6. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

And gentlemen in the stewards enclosure at Henley.
  7. and guards officers with mess dress trousers...called Pirbright order...

i'm sure that there are lots of other examples?
  8. If you are on a budget, possibly due to the current recession, why not try some of these great retail outlets on any local High Street :-

Help The Aged.
    British Heart foundation.
    Cancer Research.
    Or you could really push the boat out and buy one from ASDA! :roll:
  9. marks & spencer , and replace buttons with No 2 dress buttons , or Arms equivilant .
    thats you done .
  10. I agree get yourself down the charity shops.
  11. I posted late last year in QM's that M&S had reduced their blazers down to £25 from £89. They are retailing at £89 now, but I was told all the unsold ones from last year are sent to M&S Discount stores, i.e. Swindon Retail Village, Hatfield Galleria etc, so there may be a few at the sale price in those locations.
  12. Pob02

Pob02 War Hero Book Reviewer

Same idea as Winchester Order for The Rifles.
  13. Cracking tailors in Kabul near the market, knocked me up a blazer in 24 hours at a cost of 7 quid. I find a blazer useful for travelling in and at that price it doesnt matter if it gets damaged.
  14. Mr Sam, Sukhumvit Soi 11 and after being measured pop into Mrs Balbirs Indian Restaurant.