Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Navigation slides

watchandshoot1

Old-Salt
With the kids running around the house constantly. I am going to put them through their own SF selection to hopefully give them a possitive experience of outdoors/vaguely military challenges... Or failing that, **** them up enough so I can have a quiet evening.

Does anyone have some good navigation instruction slides- either military or civvy that they can share? I have tonnes of stuff on how to read a compass, but struggling to find stuff on route selection- aiming off, handrailling etc. Anyone able to help?

WatchandShoot

Dunno if this is any good to you:

watchandshoot1

Old-Salt
Dunno if this is any good to you:

This is mega. The children are a bit too small at the moment, and Boris won't let me leave the country.

Team adventure racing looks like my next new hobby thought, looks awesome

With the kids running around the house constantly. I am going to put them through their own SF selection to hopefully give them a possitive experience of outdoors/vaguely military challenges... Or failing that, **** them up enough so I can have a quiet evening.

Does anyone have some good navigation instruction slides- either military or civvy that they can share? I have tonnes of stuff on how to read a compass, but struggling to find stuff on route selection- aiming off, handrailling etc. Anyone able to help?

WatchandShoot
Drive them 30 miles away, drop them off and tell them to work it out themselves.

You'll either have a quiet evening, or a quiet life. Win-win.

WatchandShoot
No slides just a site recommendation: Mountain & Hill Walking Safety Tips & Advice - Safety Tips for Hill Walkers in the UK

Loads of useful stuff for all ages including:

1. Route selection: http://www.mountainsafety.co.uk/Route-Planning-Your-Route-Cat.aspx

2. Compass navigation including aiming off: http://www.mountainsafety.co.uk/Nav-Compass-Nav-Techniques.aspx

May I ask what ages we are talking about as I also know some interesting R2I techniques for after the E&E ;)

watchandshoot1

Old-Salt
No slides just a site recommendation: Mountain & Hill Walking Safety Tips & Advice - Safety Tips for Hill Walkers in the UK

Loads of useful stuff for all ages including:

1. Route selection: http://www.mountainsafety.co.uk/Route-Planning-Your-Route-Cat.aspx

2. Compass navigation including aiming off: http://www.mountainsafety.co.uk/Nav-Compass-Nav-Techniques.aspx

May I ask what ages we are talking about as I also know some interesting R2I techniques for after the E&E ;)
Cheers for the links. Very helpful.

I'd like to see you try. The monsters are unbreakable.

Yarra

War Hero

WatchandShoot
You want these people; Home - National Navigation Award Scheme

They can provide you with resource, tips, lessons, everything you need to teach young kids the basics and more. I ran a primary school nav club off the back of nnas.

Latest Threads