Navies New Advert - We've got the kit!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by MadJackFlash, Dec 28, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it me or does the RN's New Advert about 'having the kit' seem a tad ironic in light of SDSR. Admittedly it does state that
    somewhere that they are getting the kit as well - that'd be the Aircraft Carrier and Frigates and subs in 2020 then. Maybe it
    could be tweaked to 'the French have got the kit and we are borrowing it!' Or even 'When we get the kit'????

Mind you I did note somewhere that the Victory is getting a refit - logical - sustainable resources, ecologically friendly!!!!!
  2. We got the kit, it's in the pipeline.
  3. Or, to use an expression common in the offshore sector, "It's on the next boat."
    • Like Like x 3
  4. The RN is fitted for, not with ships.
  5. Coupled with:- Your cheque is in the post, or, Honest it is only a seven day job.

Been there etc!

6. About as trustworthy as "I promise not to cum in your mouth."
  7. What is a navie please and what kit does a navie have?
  8. What's a Navy? It's an Army surrounded by water!
  9. I don't know what you mean by navie, but I do know what a navy is. However, we no longer have one of those.
  10. Er, Navies is the plural of navy. Admittedly in this case he wanted a possessive rather than a plural, but if you're going to be pedantic try and get it correct.
  11. As you just pointed out, I was entirely correct to point out the obvious error so I miss your point.
  12. Your post rather suggested that you thought that Navies was not a word, which it is.

There is no such thing as a navie, but the OP didn't use that word. He used the word navies, of which there are many.
  13. I really do not get your point. The OP entitled this thread 'Navies New Advert - We've got the kit!'. I asked what a navie was because unless he was referring to lots of 'navies' then the title did not make any sense. He was in fact referring to one navy and really should have written 'Navy's'. I do not mind pedantic people pointing out grammar errors but you are really not at all clear in what your point was by attempting to pick me up on a point where I had not actually made any grammatical error.

Maybe I am being a bit slow here, or there again, maybe you are just being an arse.
  14. A pikey with a pick/shovel I would have thought
  15. Little from column A, little from column B :wink: