Naval Nurse Olympic torch run

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
well done ma'am,

Navy Nurse carries Olympic Torch | British Forces News

Royal Navy nurse Lieutenant Vicky Scott, 33, from Whiteley, Fareham will be one of 8,000 ‘inspirational torchbearers’ taking part in the Olympic Flame torch relay as it passes through our region. This forms a link in the chain which will end when the flame enters the Olympic Stadium as part of the much anticipated Opening ceremony.

The theatre nurse is one of350 military personnel who form part of the Ministry of Defence Hospital Unit Portsmouth, working atQueenAlexandraHospital, Cosham. They hone their clinical skills alongside civilian colleagues caring for patients in preparation for deployment toAfghanistan.

Vicky will be representing Hampshire by carrying the Olympic Torch on the 16th July inChichester. She was nominated by her husband whilst she was on her third tour of duty in Afghanistan as the second in command of the Operating Theatres in the hospital at Camp Bastion where she assisted military surgeons as a ‘scrub nurse’ delivering life saving care to injured personnel.

Lieutenant Scott said: “I was really surprised to be nominated. To be chosen to represent Hampshire and the military in the Olympic Torch Relay is a great honour and the chance of a lifetime.”

Vicky is not new to running, and enjoys the hobby in her spare time. After her Grandmother suffered a stroke, she wanted to support The Stroke Association which aids future research. To do this she entered The Great South Run in 2011, and raised £850 for the charity.

Commanding Officer of the Ministry of Defence Hospital Unit, Wing Commander Steve Beaumont said: “We are all very proud of Lieutenant Scott, and will be supporting her on 16 July; she is a fantastic example of the military personnel at this Unit who go that extra mile.”

Lieutenant Scott is 'on call’ for contingency operations, and is ready to deploy around the globe as required.

Is she wearing that H4H wristband in the picture of the relay? Another runner, the mother of a wounded Serviceman, was banned from doing so because it breached Olympic advertising & sponsorship regulations...

Is she wearing that H4H wristband in the picture of the relay? Another runner, the mother of a wounded Serviceman, was banned from doing so because it breached Olympic advertising & sponsorship regulations...
She appears to have four things round her right wrist, one of which looks like the crabfat blue bit of a H4H wristband. I'm sure she would have not intentionally tried to upset the Olympic stasi.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Plainly a hermer then....she's a good egg - and has a wicked way with a silver burns bandage....I suspect she could also leave you standing over 1.5 miles :)

Classic LOCOG PR own goal - missed that one, got a link ?

P

PrinceAlbert

If I have to explain what "I wouldn't!" was referring to again, you've not been paying attention.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
here y'go P-A - just in case the idea of being slower than a Naval Nurse around a BFT disturbs you:

Bromley parkrun home