Naval Exercise Off Scotland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Mrjupp, Apr 13, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Naval Exercise With Warships From Europe And US To Test Reaction To Events Like A Terror Attack | UK News | Sky News

A total of 8,000 personnel aboard 30 vessels are taking part in the Joint Warrior exercise off the west coast of Scotland.
    As well as the UK, it will involve ships from the US, Denmark, Norway, France, Canada, Germany and the Netherlands.

The organising team says the Royal Navy will be 'coming en masse'. So that's a bathtub, a couple of rowing boats and a pair of coxless fours.

2. If that's the case, watch out for a bearded git getting in the way to make a statement.

3. Illustrious seen heading that way early this afternoon.

4. Not to mention the RN Jet Ski attack team...they're fkn awesome!

5. If the US is sending a CVN then almost 75% of the 8,000 personnel involved will be on that one ship.

Of course this is a great opportunity for the UK to display its own carrier strike and LRMPA capabilities....er....

6. Ha, a sqn from my regt attended this debacle last year. It just ended up with them being dumped on the training area, crashing a coach into a ditch, writing off a MAN truck trying to pull it out, and then being told at irregular intervals that their position was scheduled for a bit of practice naval gunfire support and would you awfully mind moving to GRID xyz, ten miles away, and please take the 30,000 7.62 link and 50,000 5.56 with you. Without vehicles.

Glad I didn't volunteer for that one.

7. Yes, but they ain't as good as the RN Jet Ski Display Team !

8. Oh I don't know....

9. They're not.

'Lusty is it.

10. Right, so presumably CdG isn't there either which means no carriers at all. Hardly a 'major' exercise then!

11. Major from the point of view of the UK.

12. Huge Naval Exercise To Test Terror Response? I did not know you could sail into Bradford these days.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Does this mean that the channel fleet will be blockading our ports, just in case someone slips out?

B

14. Perhaps they think the Falklands are up there.............................