Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

NAVAIR returns NVH-3A (flew Presidents Nixon and Ford) back to flightline

Familiar Face Returns to Flight Line

Images courtesy of NAVAIR

36429744503_f176e79664_z.jpg

37244154595_0c170ef570.jpg

36429735183_da1c72c42d.jpg

37072170072_ea04ed520f.jpg

36429772383_e65fe64997.jpg

Impressive shade of green. so it came out of production in 1972 , served a couple decades, stripped down, left lying for a while then they decided to put it back together as the POTUS whirlybird.. guessing someone in the Pentagon really doesnt like Trump

Impressive shade of green. so it came out of production in 1972 , served a couple decades, stripped down, left lying for a while then they decided to put it back together as the POTUS whirlybird.. guessing someone in the Pentagon really doesnt like Trump
Trump's going nowhere near it.

Just out of interest, why do Americans fly their flags backwards like that?

Or has the pic been reversed?

The writing on the tail is correct way around, so the flag is indeed reversed.

I suppose they have a tradition that the (absent) flagpole is always at the "front", hence the flag will be reversed on the right side.

We always have the flagpole on the left as you view it, for 2D printed images.

The writing on the tail is correct way around, so the flag is indeed reversed.

I suppose they have a tradition that the (absent) flagpole is always at the "front", hence the flag will be reversed on the right side.

We always have the flagpole on the left as you view it, for 2D printed images.

I think its something like that

ISTR Similar came up about Flag patches on Uniforms being "Handed"

Something like that

I'm not speaking from authority here - just that I'm sure this has been discussed before ( possinbly on here) and that was the upshot

So a flag on the left sleeve of an infantryman will be reversed?

Edit - No, the right sleeve. I think

Har Har. Nearly funny .Not.

Take a look here.

http://www.unl.edu/armyrotc/HandbookChapters/Chapter4.pdf

I always found a better thing was to get some Canadian Flag stickers which were the same size as the US Flag ones .Stick one sticky side out in my hand.

Walk up to my American work mates . Gripping them on their right arm. Say " thank you for your service" . Walk away, waiting for the howl of "OB I,m going to kill you."

Something like that

I'm not speaking from authority here - just that I'm sure this has been discussed before ( possinbly on here) and that was the upshot
Absolutely.
Depends form which side of the flagpole you're watching.
Saffer flag is the same.
The delta always faces the front of the aircraft.