Nauseating.........

Tell me about it. Was in a wheelchair for nearly 18 months but managed to improve to a walking frame 4 years ago and been on it since. F*cking embarrassed about it sums up how it makes me feel in public, never really got over it. Still, better than being brown bread I guess.
Sod the embarrassment , embrace the disability to your advantage, there are ways and means.

There appears to be frequent shots of this middle-aged white man, who appears to be travelling on business (unless he's a sad git who holidays on his own between movies):-
View attachment 376854 View attachment 376855 View attachment 376857 View attachment 376858 View attachment 376859

There's this middle-aged white bloke, too:-

View attachment 376856

There's even a vet':-
View attachment 376860

Winnie the Pooh, Gary Oldman star in feel-good British Airways ad
Guess who the pilot was?

1549778379113.png

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Sod the embarrassment , embrace the disability to your advantage, there are ways and means.
Wasn't there something about a bloke who had to drag himself down or up the stairs of the plane at Gatwick or Heathrow because there wasn't assisting?

I'd be all over that shit, dragging myself about as much as possible just to embarrass companies that refused or failed to accommodate me as per law.

Plus, plenty of upskirt opportunities.

I'd be all over that shit, dragging myself about as much as possible just to embarrass companies that refused or failed to accommodate me as per law.
His special wheelchair was not put on the flight by the baggage handlers at the departure airport.Then Luton airport went out of their way to help the guy.But the wheelchair they provided for him was "not good enough for him" as it needed someone to push the wheelchair he refused it.
Paraplegic man 'forced' to drag himself along Luton Airport floor

Fang_Farrier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Try any BA flight to London City if you want a true representation of the demographic that made BA what it is today.

For me, they went down the pan the day they stopped giving free snacks and drinks, the cnuts. Pure cost saving exercise with a revenue generator replacement.

I don't look at the big price though, I look at the per head price, and for me to have my pack of nibbles and a couple of beers or a Ginger Ale if I was feeling delicate, at their wholesale bulk prices, was about £2. On a £100+ ticket.

r.
On occasion we have amanged to get Easyjet Inverness Gatwick for £6.99, Luton for £9.99.

If we need Heathrow then it is only BA in the hundreds of pounds!

....... the latest British Airways TV ad.

They must have spent weeks pulling minorities out of pigeon-holes, just so they could pigeon-hole them back again in their oh, so inclusive way. Considering that it is a Premium Carrier, I would bet my chestnuts that the largest demographic by far on BA flights are middle-aged *Indian* businessmen
Amended for accuracy.

An embarrassment of a flag carrier, BA.

Its come full circle, from the 1950s, when you weren’t allowed in camera shot unless you were young, beautiful and white, and smoking premium brand cigarettes.
Unless of course, BA have been really clever and deployed their user demographic to maximise their global advertising budget. ;)

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
In other news, just saw the latest Nutella advert on telly. Husband and wife, two kids, all white, middle to upper middle class.

Thank **** for Nutella.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
His special wheelchair was not put on the flight by the baggage handlers at the departure airport.Then Luton airport went out of their way to help the guy.But the wheelchair they provided for him was "not good enough for him" as it needed someone to push the wheelchair he refused it.
Paraplegic man 'forced' to drag himself along Luton Airport floor
They should have provided him with a thick fleece to wear.

That way they could have had the floors buffed for free.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
In other news, just saw the latest Nutella advert on telly. Husband and wife, two kids, all white, middle to upper middle class.

Thank **** for Nutella.
The European staple foodstuff. I assume that the advert is one of those 'Euro-ads' where they use the same footage and have the soundtrack dubbed into whatever language is required. Yeah, they don't have the same urge over there to show mixed-race families as though it was the majority situation.*

*Nothing wrong with mixed race couples/families, I could happily have been in one myself had the girl not been bright enough to turn me down. But they are hardly as common as TV adverts represent.

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
The European staple foodstuff. I assume that the advert is one of those 'Euro-ads' where they use the same footage and have the soundtrack dubbed into whatever language is required. Yeah, they don't have the same urge over there to show mixed-race families as though it was the majority situation.*

*Nothing wrong with mixed race couples/families, I could happily have been in one myself had the girl not been bright enough to turn me down. But they are hardly as common as TV adverts represent.

That was my first assumption but watching it again, it looks like it's English language by default as the lips are in synch with the words. Normally as you say it's produced somewhere like Italy / Germany etc and it's quite obvious it's the euro-linga advert but this one looks like it may be homegrown.

This one.
View attachment 376849

And the brat kicking the back of your seat for two hours, the baby crying all the way to New York, the smelly woman with the fish paste sandwiches, the "very important" businessman having a dull and loud dull telephone conversation, the drunken stag party, the Indian family with three hours worth of food to fly to Aberdeen from Gatwick and who were clearly under some form of threat if it was not all eaten before we flew over Manchester,Granny with her photo albums who wants you to see her entire family and if you don't pay attention and forget that "George died in the Blitz you know.If he was alive now he'd be 107".... starts the whole sodding saga from the start....
There are more,many many more...
Shudder !!! .That’s why I prefer to fly myself ( when possible).

I've recently got into watching "air crash investigations" on quest (or something similar)

I'd love to see the minor celebrity cast of the BA advert in a mid air collision

Yorkshire Airlines is the only way to fly!

LGBTQRFLDGASHPWRR+- community when there are so many (plug ugly) wimmin who could be used.
Is that a rule or something now? Brussels mandates that anytime some LBQT etc representation is required in any media, the maker has to field the ugliest and fattest ones available? :? Why can't we use the pretty lesbians? :?

Princess Leia.jpeg

I'm sure the airline would turn a blind eye . . .

Thanks, that's my coat, the one with a sleeve pinned up.
Don't forget your hat.

green-eyeshade-1.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LucreziaBorgia The NAAFI Bar 101