Nauseating.........

"Considering that it is a Premium Carrier, I would bet my chestnuts that the largest demographic by far on BA flights are middle-aged white businessmen. Guess which demographic, amongst the 100 or so individuals shown, isn't represented at all?"

Personally, I am upset by the lack of ability to read and actually comprehend.
Other than middle-aged, white businessmen?

Subjacent IQ shoe bombers.

[
I see your point, but it could be said you may be overreacting a tad. :threaten:

Not at all. Whoever else may be made welcome; foreign bastards, midgets, screaming children, homosexuals buggering each other in the toilets, enormously fat Nigerian women with their Africa bags, and people who talk loudly; it isn't me. I made a very conscious decision not to fly with the Worlds's (third or fourth) Worst Airline many years ago unless unavoidable. But the truth is that they're mostly fairly similar; it depends on where you're coming from and where you're going to. Frankfurt to Washington doesn't have the same demographic on board as Karachi to Riyadh, or Lagos to Heathrow. Doesn't excuse the advertising agency trying to pretend that BA is the choice of every ghastly demographic now living in England. That's an Irish flag-carrier.

....... the latest British Airways TV ad.

They must have spent weeks pulling minorities out of pigeon-holes, just so they could pigeon-hole them back again in their oh, so inclusive way. Considering that it is a Premium Carrier, I would bet my chestnuts that the largest demographic by far on BA flights are middle-aged white businessmen. Guess which demographic, amongst the 100 or so individuals shown, isn't represented at all?

Apart from the now compulsory game of Full Range Colour-Bingo, you can also have fun spotting the hand-holding homosexuals and for good measure, notice the androgynous David Bowie reference (after all, mustn't leave anyone out........ well, except those middle-aged white businessmen, who have paid all the bills for decades).
You have to admit ,It would have been equally bad if all the passengers were disabled (Sorry.Differently able),as in brilliant Naval tactician, Self obsessed randy Parsons sons from Norfolk....;)

You have to admit ,It would have been equally bad if all the passengers were disabled (Sorry.Differently able),as in brilliant Naval tactician, Self obsessed randy Parsons sons from Norfolk....;)
I'm sure the airline would turn a blind eye . . .

Thanks, that's my coat, the one with a sleeve pinned up.

Sixty

ADC
Book Reviewer

They must have spent weeks pulling minorities out of pigeon-holes, just so they could pigeon-hole them back again in their oh, so inclusive way. Considering that it is a Premium Carrier, I would bet my chestnuts that the largest demographic by far on BA flights are middle-aged white businessmen. Guess which demographic, amongst the 100 or so individuals shown, isn't represented at all?

Apart from the now compulsory game of Full Range Colour-Bingo, you can also have fun spotting the hand-holding homosexuals and for good measure, notice the androgynous David Bowie reference (after all, mustn't leave anyone out........ well, except those middle-aged white businessmen, who have paid all the bills for decades).
Did you have a little weep?

I assume that like me you are a white bloke and you live in western Europe. We won a golden ticket in the lottery of life my friend. Frankly not being represented on an ad is small beer in comparison to just being a white bloke.

I haven't watched it but are there any very very old people... they may need your support too. Especially very very old kilted fecking jocks. They are very under represented these days.
I had lunch with one yesterday. He wasn't actually that old but he'd bet that if Ireland beat Scotland this afternoon he'll wear a kilt to work on Monday. Hope it's not too cold. :D

I'm scoring more points. I've just seen it again and noticed the transgendermember. So who did they miss out? I really cant think of any vocal, shoulder-chip wearing minority that they've missed.

Last edited:
Quite probably, these ripples can be an embarrassment.
I know I can be. Wheelchair, no limbs and ........ the kilt that has "ridden"up ;)
Tell me about it. Was in a wheelchair for nearly 18 months but managed to improve to a walking frame 4 years ago and been on it since. F*cking embarrassed about it sums up how it makes me feel in public, never really got over it. Still, better than being brown bread I guess.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Spookily enough, the advert was just on. I counted at least four adult white male faces (three speaking) plus Bowie and Perry, who both count as 'other'. I like the advert, even though only one species of stuffed bear is featured.

Spookily enough, the advert was just on. I counted at least four adult white male faces (three speaking) plus Bowie and Perry, who both count as 'other'. I like the advert, even though only one species of stuffed bear is featured.
Discounting the Hollywood type (But guv, the only celeb we can get is a white bloke....), and the very old soldier, there are no middle aged white men at all.

Why is that?

MrBane

LE
Kit Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Try any BA flight to London City if you want a true representation of the demographic that made BA what it is today.

For me, they went down the pan the day they stopped giving free snacks and drinks, the cnuts. Pure cost saving exercise with a revenue generator replacement.

I don't look at the big price though, I look at the per head price, and for me to have my pack of nibbles and a couple of beers or a Ginger Ale if I was feeling delicate, at their wholesale bulk prices, was about £2. On a £100+ ticket.

The miserable cnuts.

Though I did use to nail a BA trolley dolly when I was in. Cracking lass, would highly recommend flying her.

Sadurian

LE
Book Reviewer
Discounting the Hollywood type (But guv, the only celeb we can get is a white bloke....), and the very old soldier, there are no middle aged white men at all.

Why is that?
No idea, I wasn't quota-watching until I read this thread. I'll probably not bother again. Life is too short.

Try any BA flight to London City if you want a true representation of the demographic that made BA what it is today.

For me, they went down the pan the day they stopped giving free snacks and drinks, the cnuts. Pure cost saving exercise with a revenue generator replacement.

I don't look at the big price though, I look at the per head price, and for me to have my pack of nibbles and a couple of beers or a Ginger Ale if I was feeling delicate, at their wholesale bulk prices, was about £2. On a £100+ ticket.

The miserable cnuts.

Though I did use to nail a BA trolley dolly when I was in. Cracking lass, would highly recommend flying her.
LCY for me is the best airport period, BA or not. You walk in half hour before your departure, with easy security and off you go.

BA still serves free drinks and a snack for flights in/out of LCY. I still don't get the logic though of them stopping drinks and nibbles on Euro Traveller - that's literally the only thing which separates them from other carriers like EasyJet or RyanAir. And they still have the gall to charge full service airline prices. I actually quite like EasyJet now actually. You know what you're getting and they have decent flights. I used to be a BA Gold card holder, now I couldn't give a toss about them.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LucreziaBorgia The NAAFI Bar 101