Nauseating.........

....... the latest British Airways TV ad.

They must have spent weeks pulling minorities out of pigeon-holes, just so they could pigeon-hole them back again in their oh, so inclusive way. Considering that it is a Premium Carrier, I would bet my chestnuts that the largest demographic by far on BA flights are middle-aged white businessmen. Guess which demographic, amongst the 100 or so individuals shown, isn't represented at all?

Apart from the now compulsory game of Full Range Colour-Bingo, you can also have fun spotting the hand-holding homosexuals and for good measure, notice the androgynous David Bowie reference (after all, mustn't leave anyone out........ well, except those middle-aged white businessmen, who have paid all the bills for decades).

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
....... the latest British Airways TV ad.

They must have spent weeks pulling minorities out of pigeon-holes, just so they could pigeon-hole them back again in their oh, so inclusive way. Considering that it is a Premium Carrier, I would bet my chestnuts that the largest demographic by far on BA flights are middle-aged white businessmen. Guess which demographic, amongst the 100 or so individuals shown, isn't represented at all?

Apart from the now compulsory game of Full Range Colour-Bingo, you can also have fun spotting the hand-holding homosexuals and for good measure, notice the androgynous David Bowie reference (after all, mustn't leave anyone out........ well, except those middle-aged white businessmen, who have paid all the bills for decades).
It makes me feel good they got a dwarf in there with that lot..., I'm only 5.7"

Always amazes me wben people state they detest such and such an advert, yet are transfixed and fascinated by said advert each time it comes onto the box. Bit of a funny one that.

I saw at least one of every type. What's wrong with that?

I think the OP didn't get upgraded on his last flight
Either that or Luke the Cabin Crew member refused his advances

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Always amazes me wben people state they detest such and such an advert, yet are transfixed and fascinated by said advert each time it comes onto the box. Bit of a funny one that.
Caste you mind into the making of the advert. Just imagine the bent minds of those trying to please all from the tranneis to all sorts of twisted ideas...The Editors must prance around the office chanting 'We must not offend! 'We must not offend!' Well news for those feckers is that most of us are perfectly fecking normal, but we're not welcome on adverts in case of offence! Well I'm going to shout up for Auld Yin here, there's no kilted fecking Jocks on there!

Last edited:
Sorry if I'm butting in but I've just walked in to my Mrs watching some Eurovision bollocking song tripe sheit. Can we be expelled after the 29th March, PLEASE...PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE

Caste you mind into the making of the advert. Just imagine the bent minds of those trying to please all from the tranneis to all sorts of twisted ideas...The Editors must prance around the office chanting 'We must not offend! We must not offend! Well news for those feckers is that most of us are perfectly fecking normal, but we're not welcome on adverts in case of offence! Well I'm going to shout up for Ould Yin, there's no kilted fecking Jock on there!
Totally agree. Who would have thought a few decades back that advertising would become such a political minefield.

Where's your other user name gone. I have forgotten what it was already... sorry.

This one.
Unknown.jpeg

And the brat kicking the back of your seat for two hours, the baby crying all the way to New York, the smelly woman with the fish paste sandwiches, the "very important" businessman having a dull and loud dull telephone conversation, the drunken stag party, the Indian family with three hours worth of food to fly to Aberdeen from Gatwick and who were clearly under some form of threat if it was not all eaten before we flew over Manchester,Granny with her photo albums who wants you to see her entire family and if you don't pay attention and forget that "George died in the Blitz you know.If he was alive now he'd be 107".... starts the whole sodding saga from the start....
There are more,many many more...

This one.
View attachment 376849

And the brat kicking the back of your seat for two hours, the baby crying all the way to New York, the smelly woman with the fish paste sandwiches, the "very important" businessman having a dull and loud dull telephone conversation, the drunken stag party, the Indian family with three hours worth of food to fly to Aberdeen from Gatwick and who were clearly under some form of threat if it was not all eaten before we flew over Manchester,Granny with her photo albums who wants you to see her entire family and if you don't pay attention and forget that "George died in the Blitz you know.If he was alive now he'd be 107".... starts the whole sodding saga from the start....
There are more,many many more...
You don't work in advertising, do you?

Well I'm going to shout up for Ould Yin, there's no kilted fecking Jocks on there!
I haven't watched it but are there any very very old people... they may need your support too. Especially very very old kilted fecking jocks. They are very under represented these days.

vv, your post is a superb piece!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LucreziaBorgia The NAAFI Bar 101